Contracts

Is it important to have a contract to secure rights to a location? I’ve been in my  top producing location since I started vending but a larger company bought the place out which makes me a little nervous. I was just to the point of installing card readers. But if I get bumped out of there it would be money down the drain. Does anyone have a contract  I could use as a guide?

Thanks 

To me, that's a greater incentive to install the readers.

I only have a few contracts and my only real concern is getting a 30 day notice of cancellation so I can coordinate with movers.  If this were a larger account where you have invested a lot or will be investing a lot (such as several brand new machines or more) then a contract is important.  For smaller accounts, let your service keep you in locations.  If you lose an account because another vendor underbid you with an unprofitable deal, just walk.  If it's because your service was poor, then learn from your mistakes.  If they just got bored with you, leave on good terms and make it a point that you'd be happy to reinstall your equipment if things don't work out with the new vendor.

Now might be a bad time to try to get them to sign an agreement.  But to invest a little might give a good impression.

• Like 1

I typically require a minimum 3 year contract. Of course, you have to give good service and pay the commission on time. I’m not installing machines and getting kicked out in a few months because someone got upset that they lost a dollar. As for your situation, the machines are already installed so I doubt they would sign a contract now. I would install the credit card readers and make sure they have nothing to complain about.

• Like 1