Predict account sales

I recently bought several accounts which included a nursing college.  I don't know exactly how many students they have, but I believe it is somewhere between 100 and 200.  Apparently, this college is increasing in numbers as a few local nursing colleges closed within the last couple years.  They were showing about $2700/year when I acquired them but they are projected to do closer to $3,800 since I acquired them, including when classes are not in session.  They currently have a stock National 145 with a MAKA validator and a leased 501E.

What do you guys think the sales figures would be if I replaced the snack machine and added card readers?  I am thinking I would see at least a 20% increase overall and I am trying to figure out what snack machine to put there.  I don't have any snack machines available without canceling an account.

Edit:  I have a slow account with an AP 113, but it sounds like the transformer buzzes loudly and it really needs cleaned up.  I think that would be a good one to upgrade though.

I have a similar account that has two locations. They probably have around the same amount of students yours has. They are nursing, dental and cosmetology. We have 157's, a Coke, and a Pepsi in each with credit card readers. One is doing about $9,000 and the other a little over $10,000

• Like 1

I have a cosmetology school that does 75% of their volume thru card readers.  We service them now twice a week and they do roughly 300-400 a week.  Students are way more likely to use cashless means of payment.  Sounds like there could be some GREAT potential here for you!  :)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Anacapa Vending said:

Toss that 145 in the trash and upgrade to a nice snack with card reader to double your sales 😉

Oh it's going bye bye as soon as I find a nice 5 wide!

36 minutes ago, flintflash said:

I have a cosmetology school that does 75% of their volume thru card readers.  We service them now twice a week and they do roughly 300-400 a week.  Students are way more likely to use cashless means of payment.  Sounds like there could be some GREAT potential here for you!  :)

Excellent.  That's what I was looking for.  Sounds like a 15-20% boost would be pretty modest.

3 hours ago, Bvending said:

I have a similar account that has two locations. They probably have around the same amount of students yours has. They are nursing, dental and cosmetology. We have 157's, a Coke, and a Pepsi in each with credit card readers. One is doing about $9,000 and the other a little over $10,000

What percentage are card sales?

I agree with everyone. I have an off campus housing account for college students that does about $500 / week during the school season and about $450 of that is through cashless transactions. I think at least doubling your sales at this type of location would be very possible with the readers. 

• Like 1