Has anyone used Quality Vending Locations recently?

So I head a lot of good things about Quality Vending Locations.com, and I decided to sign up for their service. I've went ahead and paid their fee which I know I should have probably just hung the phone up and moved on, but I'm trying to be optimistic.

There main website talks about their warranty and paying per location and all that, but when I contacted them, apparently their process has completely changed. They now make you pay for x amount of location leads instead of paying per location. There reasoning sounded sincere because they said that too many people kicking the tires were costing them too much money of which they never received any of it.

I paid about $600 for 5 prospective leads, which by each passing day, I'm thinking more and more I should have ran away.

Has anyone used them recently and gotten good results for full line machine placement? Their locator was supposed to call me and talk to me but after waiting 6 days, I haven't heard from him. I guess I'll be calling him soon to establish communication, but the fact that a telemarketer hasn't even called me yet, doesn't feel good.

• 5 weeks later...

I recently commissioned them to place a snack and soda machine.  Paid 250 (half) upfront to start process. The day after filling out an email questionnaire about my machines I was sent my locators email and phone #. I emailed him my information and he called me about 20 mins later. They've only been searching for a day but I am hoping for a location in under a month. Guess we'll see how it goes.

• 4 weeks later...

I hope it ends up working out for both of you.  Unfortunately, if it doesn't work out, it only confirms my suspicion (and others) in a related thread in that they are borderline scammers.  The bulk of their reviews are likely fake reviews to bolster their reputation, which they must need because too many real people leave negative reviews.

Either they get their golpher together and they give you what you guys paid for or they'll prove that they are unprofessional (at best) or scammers (at worst).

I know this company and until they made these changes they were okay.  They have designed the operation after Nuage which recently folded.  NUAGE was great. they employed prison telemarketers and sold hours instead of leads.   Whatever they came up with in 15 hours of telemarketing was yours to do with as you wanted. Many of the larger vending companies were using them and were satisfied with results.  It ran about $1500 for those hours.  Problem was you really had no idea if they really did call those hours but no one complained if they got a couple of solid accounts.  Not sure what did them in except once the word gets out that you do produce the phones ring off the hooks.  They probably collected more money upfront then they had staff to do the actual work.

I do know there are a couple of other companies that also produce but there is an agreement that no one will put their names out online because they will also get swamped.  I am thinking many of you never heard of Nuage until they were gone,

At Blue Moose we also get calls every day from Vendors wanting some help.  Every once in awhile we can find some time to help but that is rare.  I am not saying this to discourage you but to caution you not to pay upfront on drink-snack setups unless you are purchasing telemarketing call hours.  Upfront Deposits do seem necessary on bulk. Drink and snack is another thing.

There are those National Accounts companies.  Best Vendors, Universal, Wittern (who I had luck with) They normally don't take your money but they can make it hard to meet their requirements. 

We work in a specific area with vendors we have had on board for most of 14 years.  So we know when contracts are coming up and we know which vending company is best postioned to take on larger accounts.  We recently had a Property Management Company approach us with 150 commercial buildings and apartments in LA.  They wanted one vending company with remote monitoring so they could request checks on their time schedule, spot machines with low product and equipment failures.  What do you think the odds were of finding that needle in a haystack.  Well lightning struck and we had the perfect company.  A week later Chaffey School District contacted us to bid on their new vending schedule.  Just 47 machines in all middle school and high school which was doable.  Lightning struck again and we selected the perfect company.

I read comments from members on this board that placement companies, locating companies and management companies are just in it to take your money.  I can only speak for Blue Moose.  We work very hard on difficult accounts.  We work alongside our vendors to make sure they get the best contracts or agreements.  Maybe we work with vendors able to perform miracles or maybe it comes down to common sense, hard work and fair payment for hard work.  I have read comments on here that we are expensive.  That remark did not come from one of our vending companies that work at our level.
As one of our vendors has said "I don't mind writing a $5000, $8000,  $10000, $30000 or more on a check if at the end of 3 to 5 years the account brings in from $90000 to $425,000"

• Thanks 1