DN501 e pop machine problems

sbb

Our pop machine the last few days has started acting up.  Someone will put money in the machine and then it goes black and shuts off like it blows a fuse.  We have it on a surge protector so when we reset it it'll come back on but we have to reprogram it because it flashes 9999.95 (or something like that). It does not matter if they use change or dollar bills it happened on both.  Nothing else is on this circuit and no lights in that area are effected.  Any ideas on what to do?

Also looking for any backers for this pop machine.  I'm missing 2.  We bought this used for our office and it has been a pretty good machine with the few exceptions.

Thanks for the help!

Take it off the surge protector.  That will cause you issues with supplying enough current to the compressor when it starts.  Losing prices when losing power is caused by a bad battery on the logic board.  Unplug the machine and remove the logic board cover.  You'll see a small disk battery, pn 2032, in a slot that needs to be replaced.  If there is hot glue holding it in then cut it free from that.  What backers are you mentioning?  The rear spacers?  Those are readily available if they are actually missing.  Yours might be there and just need to be adjusted unless you see nothing but the back wall of the cabinet.

• Thanks 1

Thank you AZVendor!  I will take it off the surge protector. 

Our machine does not have a disk battery on the logic board.  I think the machine is about 1998 model.  Could it be a fuse?

Yes I was talking about the rear spacers.  I can see the back of the machine, so I know there are no backers there.  Where would I be able to order some?  I have not had any luck in my searches.

Thank you!

Since it's an E model with a credit display then it runs an SIID logic board and it does have a battery slot on the board.  If your slot is empty then that's why you lose the pricing.  You can order the rear spacers from Vendors Exchange.

Edited by AZVendor

That is an S3D board which is in a Coke Marketing Machine.  The board appears to have a timer chip which is the third chip from the left below the 390.91 label.  It's the raised device.  Post a closer pic of it so we can make out what it is but I believe that's what you need to change.

Edited by AZVendor