Home made stands

techguruz

Has anyone devised a way to make stands for machines with locally sourced parts. I see lots of good machines for sell but without the stands. The new stand prices aren't too bad, but when you factor in shipping..

Search the archives, there’s been a few who have.

Personally I have been able to buy the cheap biz op doubles (SSF, T Pico, NAV, other import garbage) for cheap off CL just for the stands. (Then dump the machines themselves on EBay for cheap).

If you know a farmer to get old discs from that's awesome.  Some welding, sandblasting, paint and your good to go without paying shipping. I wouldn't buy new discs though.

Thanks guys. I'm not a welder though, and I think good welders charge a lot for their work. I've basically given up on finding parts to make stands.  I've found a grinder stand from Harbor Freight that looks promising. I've also found an online restaurant supply company that has table bases that look promising. Both are cheaper than what I've found directly from suppliers for gum machines.

• 4 weeks later...

Where are you from?  Most times people are only saving a few dollars per stand but spending valuable hours trying to make them.  You might consider you are better off spending the extra $10 and use the time and energy to locate.  Plus, a pipe stand is basically good for life.  Spend the money and then squirt it with spray paint every few years.  It will outlast all of us reading this!