Yellowed globes

Gumball Wizard

I thought people discussed this before. The yellowing is the same as with headlights, and can be treated the same way. Although I have   seen some really intense work done with various grit sanding and polishing with headlights that won't work with globes.

But here is one person discussing what he does. It is mostly about prevention though:

I haven't tried any of this, but the idea of coating your machines with the same thing used to coat headlights doesn't sound like a bad idea.

On 6/6/2019 at 5:18 AM, Gumball Wizard said:

I have a few NW candy machines that have globes that have turned yellow. I have tried, alcohol, peroxide, heated peroxide, plastic polish with no luck. They still look like a piss color.

Any solutions? 

You can buy a replacement then bump up your selling price to cover it. This guy is a member here and good to deal with.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Northwestern-Super-60-Globe-A-A-PN95-Folz-Gumball-Candy-Nut-Toy-Bulk-Vending/142621582867?hash=item2134e8a613:g:-4QAAOSw3h1ZXAxw

• 2 weeks later...

We haven't ever had any luck with prevention or fixing it.  The smaller M60 is the worst for it.  We stock globes for almost every type of Oak, Eagle, Beaver, and Northwestern.  We have new Super 60, original Model 60, and conversion kits if you want to switch to the Super 60 capacity.  Presentation is everything and an old looking globe makes people think the candy is old too.  I strongly recommend keeping your machines clean and the globes looking new.  Put on a new globe and spray paint your lid every few years and you will have a facelift that makes a big difference.  It also helps you retain locations because the owner can tell you are taking care of the equipment.