Gumball Wizard

Help please!

I am in the state of Mississippi. I have ten gumball machines I am trying to put out. 

I am having issues with the lawfull route to take. One city said all I have to do is pay ten dollars a machine annually and another said I have to pay $275 dollars as a buisness fee then present what im trying to do in front of the board. 

Thennn another guy that already vends said if Im not making over ten thousand a year don't worry about registering the machines. Im so damn confused. Why does it have to be this hard. 

Also do I need to have a business license for ten machines? Thank yall.

Every state and sometimes even cities are different for what they require. So my unofficial advice would be listen to what other vendors are doing. I'm no lawyer so take that advice with a grain of salt..but in my experience, there's no one going around policing gumball machines. I wouldn't even worry about a license for 10 machines, you might not even want to pursue this business after you get a taste for it. 

8 hours ago, Gumball Wizard said:

Why would you say i may not want to pursue it. Is it just not very profitable?

It can be very profitable, and I have no idea what your background is, but with only 10 machines you can get a little taste of the pros and cons of the business. Some people think it's super passive, some think it will have no issues, or you name it on the reasons people decide its not for them. But with 10 locations it might be very difficult to get a decent ROI if you have to first get all the licenses and fees that go along with them.