Touch screen problem

BradP

I have a USI model number 3574. Started getting an error message on the touch screen. “An unexpected error has occurred in startup.exe.”  I then get a second error message that says “applicationStartup.exe encountered a serious error and must be shut down”.  I pushed the service button, and nothing happens.  I called Vendnet and they told me the touch screen is bad and needs to be replaced.  Can anybody shed some light as to what is happening?

Umm, those are fatal errors so the touch screen is bad.  Herein lies the problems with touchscreens on vending machines.  They are delicate and software-driven.  It's probably just a software problem but since you don't have the root software to reinstall there's nothing you can do but replace it.  It might also be a component issue but again, you didn't design or build the touchscreen so how would you repair it?  Touchscreens are completely out of the control of vendors unless the manufacturer gives out software updates to install or original software to reinstall.

Edited by AZVendor

Thank you AZVender.  So I think I will replace it with a normal key pad?  Is that what you would recommend?  if so, any ideas where I could get one that will work for a decent price?