MARS Bill Acceptor

I can't figure out how to get the Bill Acceptor to accept more then one $1.00 bill and not be used as a change machine. Our machine has two small buttons that either return the bill when the return button is pressed or drops 4 quarters. Is there a way to program the bill acceptor to accept two... one dollar bills so if something costs $1.50 and the customer puts in two $1.00 bills they get .50 back. Someone is using my machine to get change only. It's just swapping dollars for coins. When I run out of coins the bill acceptor turns off. As it should.

Any suggestions would help.

You need to check the machine settings.  Depending on the machine, you should turn on "force vend" that will require the customer to make a selection before getting change; or select "bill escrow on" to hold their bill and return it instead of returning change.  The validator does not have any settings to control those actions.

that is a very good point, my USI machine does the same, I fill it with $80 of change, so no matter what happens, the machine continues to accept bills, and give change.

fill the coin mech to the top with change, and don't forget the change bin, ill usually empty those out into the mech, so you'll never run out

20 minutes ago, NYCandyMan said:

that is a very good point, my USI machine does the same, I fill it with $80 of change, so no matter what happens, the machine continues to accept bills, and give change.

fill the coin mech to the top with change, and don't forget the change bin, ill usually empty those out into the mech, so you'll never run out

What kind of coin mech do you have??  It should replenish itself.

2 minutes ago, AngryChris said:

What kind of coin mech do you have??  It should replenish itself.

its a coinco vortex, it does replenish, the problem is its a 2 change to 1 dollar, some one put a coin pusher next to my machine, so guess what's going on, eventually no matter how many coins go in, the quarters disappear.

1 hour ago, AngryChris said:

Well, it's a good way to turn quarters into bills I guess.  I'm surprised that anyone has a working vortex though.

yeah, mine have been working great, haven't had any issues, have them in almost all of my machines

7 hours ago, NYCandyMan said:

its a coinco vortex, it does replenish, the problem is its a 2 change to 1 dollar, some one put a coin pusher next to my machine, so guess what's going on, eventually no matter how many coins go in, the quarters disappear.

Report the coin pusher. Police love impounding those things.

as much as I would like to, the coin pusher belongs to one of the biggest vendors in the area, and he has more than 4 machines inside the same location, I make my cash regardless, and I always have quarters, just the concern that every 2 weeks I have to fill it, and never any change in the overflow container, really bites sometimes, I used to have a change machine there, that was a way for me to get rid of my quarters, ill put it in again