Problem with my Dixie Narco 276

Drcpwen

I have a Dixie Narco DNCB 276CC and I'm new to vending.  The machine will occasionally accept a bill or coin (about 1 in 50 attempts).  All the cams are in the home position and no jams exist.  The cams function when manually triggered.  I've unplugged the machine to insure it doesn't have credit.  All the plugs on the cam motors are attached and passed a test with the ohm meter.   All the selection buttons are functional.   I'm guessing it's the control board but the machine is so old I don't think it has one.  Can you give me some direction why it won't vend?  Thanks in advance. 

20190723_181957.jpg.6f167d08bf916b24bb42319899c2cf28.jpg

That's a 1989 Ranson built single price machine made for Coke. The most likely culprit is the coin changer, or loose wiring under the changer socket or under the credit relay socket. Unplug the machine and push on the wires in these two spots. 

You have to have 10-15 coins in each coin tube and at least one column filled with product to satisfy the sold out paddle before it will accept bills.  If you have done this and find no loose wires as LA said then you need to have the coin mech and/or the bill validator repaired.

what gets me is this statement:

11 hours ago, Drcpwen said:

The machine will occasionally accept a bill or coin (about 1 in 50 attempts). 

If it accepts bills at all.. even one bill in 50.. and it accepts coins at all.. even 1 in 50... that would lead me to believe that both the coin mech AND the bill acceptor need to be repaired.  It could just be the coin mechanism but my guess is that both are good.  I have never dealt with a loose wire as mentioned already but having a cam out of position would mean absolutely ZERO acceptance.  So, I think both units need to be repaired/replaced.  The coin mechanism is the first thing to try though.

Thanks for all your help.  It does not work for coins or Bill's.  The change is full to the top and the beverages are full above the paddles. The machine has an old sticker that suggests using a Mars TRC 6800.  Some web sites indicate a TRC 6000 will work.  Is that accurate?  Can you also recommend a good place to get a refurbished one?

1 hour ago, Drcpwen said:

Thanks for all your help.  It does not work for coins or Bill's. 

On 7/24/2019 at 12:47 PM, Drcpwen said:

The machine will occasionally accept a bill or coin (about 1 in 50 attempts).

Does it NEVER work or does IT OCCASIONALLY work?  It can make a difference.  If it NEVER works then it could be several things and if it OCCASIONALLY works then it could be a few other things.  You've given somewhat conflicting details.

You will need a new coin mech.. I have bought and refurbished  about 10 of those machines and most of them had exact same problemThe board in the coin mech is bad or you have a general problem with the magnets in the coinmech-however that board in the coin mech is computer for the entire machine..You will need tcr 6800h or even better choice a coinco made coinmech.. I think its 3341-s.. I bought mine on ebay refurbished for about $140..someone made me a quote and wanted 50 plus shiping to refurbish my old one.. Key here is the new coinmech must have cables to conect to bill validator..tcr600 has none so its a basically coin only... Now at this point I will tell you DN276 is best soda machine in the industry.in my oppinion. Its shimless perfectly narrow for most of my locations,and 100 percent accurate..2can depth is wonderfull. Do  not be afraid of the age because they can last for decades..I only buy and refurbish those machines..ever since I discover them.. if you can upgrade that ba30b or mei2511 bill validator to accept 1and 5s you are in business..for a long painless time.. Good luck to ya..

Hello there - I have a similar issue with a Dixie Narco 276 that started about a month ago. It will take coins about every one in three attempts. I have replaced the coin mechanism twice and the problem persists. I notice that the "use correct change" light blinks occassionally - the blinking seems related to whether the machine will accept coins or not.

Has anyone ever seen this issue before or have any ideas? Could it be some kind of short in the wiring? I've had the machine for about three years with no issues until now.

Thanks in adavance for any suggestions!

Thanks - I checked the return lever and that's not the issue. I'm wondering if there's something in the wiring that could be causing the issue? It just started about a month ago and no other changes to the machine have been done.