How to remove a machine from skid

caserri

OK, of the few beverage machines I have, most were purchased from individuals or picked up from vending companies using an appliance dolly. I am picking up a coke machine next week from a company and am considering having them palletize it so I can use my pallet jack. I was just wondering if anyone has any tips for removing the skid once I get it to the location.

Steve

Hi Steve, no pop machine experience but alot of other experience. Detach from skid bolts or strapping. Walk off skid, tip it and push and pull from corner to corner. If it will work for a 2000 lb mixer I'm sure it will work for a 700 lb pop machine. The one caveat is that they must use a good pallet or it may break while you are walking it and get stuck. Of course if you know any piano movers they are use to big heavey items, call them for pizza and beer :)

Grumpy

Yeah, the tipping and walking thing was what I expected. I was just wondering if there was an easier way that anyone knew of. I'm still a little tossed on which way to do it. (Pallet or dolly) I've moved many a machine with the dolly but I don't like it, especially with no help. I thought I would try the pallet jack approach this time but I'm concerned about getting it off the pallet.

Thanks for the input Grumpy.

Steve

Check and see if the account has a fork lift and can lift it up for you so you can pull the pallet out.

or  ... Set the pallet on fire (have a fire extinguisher close by) ;)

No go on the fork but I like the fire method! Or better yet maybe someone can invent a collapsible skid. Put it in place, pull a cord and BAM skid collapsed!

Steve

• 1 month later...

Sorry John, old eyes don't focus well early in the morning.

ABC Rental Centers in Baltimore rent them. You could try their toll free number Toll-Free:1-866-314-RENT and see if the have any locations near you.

You can also call the manufacturer and see if they have any sales records for rental companies in your area.

If you do do try the dollies please tell us how they work out.

Ted