Retrofitting IVS to accept Cash

ApplePi

Hi there folks! I’m in the process of purchasing a custom build Innovative Vending Solutions unit. It was built to accept ONLY credit/debit only. 

Im looking forward to working with this machine, and fiddling around to determine a working configuration to add the bill validator and coin/change operations. It’ll be a headache, but as the unit is customized for office supplies and is otherwise precisely what I need for less than 4k, it’s a worth wild venture. 

Just looked at their website, and I’m not sure it’s possible.

You would probably have to ask them.

I do know that their machines are built into USI/Wittern cabinets, but it looks like the stock control boards have been replaced by their custom setup.

If you need an office supply vending machine you could probably just use a new USI snack machine (run like 4K new, but are the same machines the VS machines are built off of) and ask your distributor to set it up for the size of the products you want to vend. This machine comes with bill and coin, and a cc reader is only a 300 dollar add on.

• Like 1

Thanks for the advice! I'm having some back and forth with them, and it does seem that I would need a new board for the setup. At the price points they're quoting, it is getting to the point where it's no longer a reasonable purchase.

Thankfully, I hadn't finalized the deal, and they've got another buyer in line. I'll be taking a closer look at new models and customized features.