google.com, pub-6262331124919164, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0 Jump to content

Hey guys, I have 0 vending experience. I am a pastor from Missouri and Purchased a refurbished dixie Narco 501e set up to run 20oz bottles. I figured it would be a good alternative to constantly running fundraisers for our student ministry. After already replacing the main circuit board (arriving today), it should work. Went to sam's club today to pick up soda to stock up and saw that they no longer sell 20oz bottles. Did a quick net search to find that you can't vend 16.9 bottles without proper set up. I HAVE ZERO EXPERIENCE with this and I was hoping that you fine people could guide me along what I need to do to get this machine up and running. I'm already into this investment about 2k and would like to not get fired lol.

You need this can kit https://www.dsvendinginc.com/p-2041-d60907260004-dn-501e600e-conversion-kit-12-oz-can.aspx 

That will allow you to change to 16.9 oz bottles.  It says 12 oz can but it's the hardware that you need.  We can help tell you how to install it once you get it, but you want the columns to be empty and power off cause you'll be turning motors.  It's not that difficult but it's confusing for a first timer.

You might want to consider switching to 12 oz cans anyway because of the longer shelf life.  Bottles are good for about 3 months, cans last much longer except for diet drinks... the vendor will also hold a lot more cans meaning less frequent servicing.

The reasoning behind bottles>cans was that we didn't want kids kicking cans over all over the building. I know that seems like a non-issue for some but it was the only way i could get janitor to sign on. Obviously you can't stop all mess but being able to put a cap back on helps some.

for 2k, I would've went for a vendo v721, you can use cans and bottles in it and no conversion kits required