Not Recognizing Change

AlW

Good Morning,

I recently purchased a used GO-380 vending machine.   It cools and is in really good shape.  The machine accepts coins but does not recognize that a coin has been received.   It will accept dollar bills and give change for a dollar, but will not recognize that change has been inserted.  Doesn't display if a dime, nickel, or quarter has been inserted but will display that a dollar bill has been inserted.   Any idea's and/or help would be much appreciated. 

I have seen a few posts on here and noticed that this machine is not very popular.  I am new to the vending business and am really just doing it for a hobby in our office.   Any help would be great!! 

Thanks in advance.

- Al 

35 minutes ago, AZVendor said:

I think it's pretty funny that a google search for parts for it has the first return from a Sewer and Drain company selling parts for a sewer snake - quite appropriate.

That's hilarious.

Unfortunately the Go 380 is an especially bad machine, even for an import. While most other imports have the decency to use an MDB coin mech and Validator, meaning you can at least replace them with something reliable, the GO380 uses a cobbled together Frankensteined in house proprietary POS. As far as I can tell, the acceptance portion is a crappy arcade mech and the payout area is cheap stamped sheet metal. I'm guessing that your arcade mech failed.

On that same note.  Does anyone know how to program the coin acceptor on this machine?   The coin acceptor is a GENGO 380 COIN ACCEPTOR.    When I put in coins it recognizes all .05.   I believe these are programmed from the factory but it looks like there is a way to program the acceptor to recognize the type of coin that is inserted.   Any one know how to program these? 

Thank you in advance!