U-Turn Machine Lid will not tighten all the way down

SundayRain7

I just got my first couple of U-turn machines at a local auction, and when I first fiddled with them the lids seemed to tighten down but now that I have taken them apart and cleaned them and put them back together, I can't get the lids to sit all the way down and not wobble. I looked at assembly instructions online and do not seem to be missing any parts. Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong? The lid will go down enough that it does not readily lift off, but it still wobbles around back and forth and feels loose even though the key will not turn any more. Thank you for any advice!

Rachel

Try loosening the nut in the bottom chassis where the all thread screws in. Then tighten the all thread making it shorter. Tighten the nut back up to lock the all thread in place and put the machine back together to see if that helps. Basically you are shortening the all thread so when the lid goes on it will lock in place. I have had some with tight lids that for some reason won't tighten later. I do what I just mentioned and they tighten down. Hope that helps.