Nayax Card Reader - Silent

tblake05

Does anyone know why one of my machines keeps going silent?  I believe it has to do with signal strength however the machine right next to it has had perfect strength and has never had an issue.  I have tried moving around the antenna inside the machine and even mounted it on top but nothing works.  I turn the machine off, back on, card reader reboots and is OK for about a day or two and then is "silent" again.

I am going to try trading antennas with the machine next to it and see if the problem follows before I contact Nayax.

I think your idea is the best idea.  Verify the antenna before you call because they'll probably recommend it.  If it's not the antenna, it's probably internal and you'll need to send it off or replace it but I'm no expert.

• Like 1

I have had that problem with most of my nayax units, it started with the older version but extended into the Amit's.... the card processing still seems to work but the DEX data stops reporting.  It starts as an intermittant problem but eventually stops dexing altogether.  After dealing with tech support a few times and being told I need to replace the telemeter, I now just go right to replacement - with a USAT unit. 

18 hours ago, cvending said:

What is the signal strength?  

It starts off as "rssi" in the mid teens.  Which according to Nayax is good.  Then after about a day drops to 8 or 9, and the next day the machine is silent.

19 hours ago, AngryChris said:

I think your idea is the best idea.  Verify the antenna before you call because they'll probably recommend it.  If it's not the antenna, it's probably internal and you'll need to send it off or replace it but I'm no expert.

Ugh, we just installed these less than a month ago.  i did open a support ticket with Nayax and they asked me to swap antennas.  So I'll try that and report back.

17 hours ago, Southeast Treats said:

I have had that problem with most of my nayax units, it started with the older version but extended into the Amit's.... the card processing still seems to work but the DEX data stops reporting.  It starts as an intermittant problem but eventually stops dexing altogether.  After dealing with tech support a few times and being told I need to replace the telemeter, I now just go right to replacement - with a USAT unit. 

Ugh.  If I need to switch companies I guess thats not a big deal, but more of a hassle.

Just call Nayax service dept.  They will try and troubleshoot over the phone and will send a replacement if you can’t get it working properly.  If they are new, they are still under warranty and shouldn’t cost you anything.  

On 8/30/2019 at 3:56 PM, tblake05 said:

If I need to switch companies I guess thats not a big deal, but more of a hassle.

Yes, Nayax is pretty good with warranty service, I just chose to migrate all my machines over to USAT anyway over time, and my units are now out of warranty.  I tried several different companies over the past few years and still have a mix of different readers out in the field.  I started with Nayax and appreciate the way they are willing to work with you, but I just became discouraged with their hardware.  I hope you have a better experience...

• Like 1