Vendo V21 Model 721 Drop Sensor Issue

fhamann

My Vendo model 721 is set to vend 12 oz cans, 4 deep.  Every now and the, I get "multiple vends" (2 cans drop for one vend), usually from the selection on the far right or far left, I suspect that the multiple vends happen when the cans drop from the back of the column, since the back of column cans have less height to drop, the drop sensor probably is not detecting the drop.  Would changing the old drop sensor for a new drop sensor fix this problem?

Other possible fix:

Would changing the columns to 3 deep instead of 4 deep solve this problem since the three deep can has farther to drop than the far rear 4th deep can?  (A farther drop might make the drop sensor be more reliable). 

What do you guys think?

J am having the same issue, sometimes it drops a few extra cans here and there, a few freebies never hurt no one. So the place I have my machine hooked up has really bad current, so once in a while the GFI will cut in and cut off the machine, it's happened a few times, I feel this is the cause of the free vends. At one point the whole machine got reset, so I had to reconfigure the whole machine again, other that, I don't see anymore free vends. If the sensor was bad you would get free vends all the time, once in a while, I don't see it as an issue, my lines are also 4 deep, on the 721 the plastic pieces should be pulled forward all the way to make 4 deep. Also if the machine is cranking in alot of cash who cares about a few loose ones, think of it as a few damaged cans, there's always 1 in every 10 cases 😀

Thanks AZVendor!  Today I went to see what I could do about my problem.  You said "Also make sure the column clips are set for small package vending ."  That was the problem, the column clips were pushed back and should be forward for small can vending.  Now the machine works perfectly.