New Candy Honor Box Biz

Two Rivers

Thanks for the clarification on shortage Chris, that's what I expected.

New, interesting twist to the Honor Box vending business for me last night.  I received a text message from someone inquiring as to whether I would like to buy a route of 45 candy honor boxes currently located in my metro area.  His text stated that he wants to get out of the business because he has other opportunities.

In the text message he said that he had 45 boxes out on location, each making about $20 per month.  He stated that he started off with about 80 boxes two years ago and that these are the locations he has left because these were his best.  I asked him what type of boxes, candy or snack as well as cardboard or acrylic.  His response was candy and cardboard, but that he wasn’t planning to sell the boxes, just the locations.  He also gave me the names of the towns the boxes are currently located in, and based on that information, I would say it’s not a very dense route at all.

I called the person and we talked on the phone briefly.  I guess I was seeking more specific information on why he would want to sell locations and not boxes if he were getting out of the business altogether and wondering what his price was.

Upon answering, he didn’t want to give me his name and stated it would need to be a cash transaction. This put me a bit on edge so told him that I don’t really have the time to add more boxes to my route, but that I appreciated him contacting me with the offer.  The fact is, I really don’t have time to add to my route and, if I did, I have found locating to be so easy that I wouldn’t pay for locations.

After getting off the phone, I did a google search on his number and was able to confirm that his boxes are the direct competitor boxes I have found while out locating and running my route and that I chose to put a few of my boxes right beside in businesses (only 2 or 3 locations).  His boxes all advertise that the charity is a local non-profit whose mission is to teach kids values and keep them off the streets while giving them martial arts and other fitness training.

At this point, I guess I’m not sure whether his offer was serious or he was just phishing for information.  He never quoted me a price.  Would anyone on here willingly pay for locations only?  Would it be worth it to get rid of a competitor?  I can tell you that his non-profit is run by Asians, he is Asian, and he seems to be only placing his boxes in businesses run by Asians such as nail salons and Asian restaurants.  I say this, not because I have anything against Asians, but to give background for the understanding that it leaves both of us plenty of room to operate side by side.  Like I mentioned above, I did initially choose to place two or three boxes in nail salons right beside his boxes and they seem to be doing well enough to leave them there for now.  Also, I am putting higher priced product in my boxes.  My boxes tend to be filled with “fun size”, his with more “bite size” candies.

7 hours ago, Two Rivers said:

I called the person and we talked on the phone briefly.  I guess I was seeking more specific information on why he would want to sell locations and not boxes if he were getting out of the business altogether and wondering what his price was.

Upon answering, he didn’t want to give me his name and stated it would need to be a cash transaction. This put me a bit on edge so told him that I don’t really have the time to add more boxes to my route, but that I appreciated him contacting me with the offer.  The fact is, I really don’t have time to add to my route and, if I did, I have found locating to be so easy that I wouldn’t pay for locations.

I would PASS on this.  You asked the right questions and YES this whole thing sounds fishy.  I would never buy anyone's accounts that was getting out of the business without taking over their boxes too.  Why would they need to keep them?  It's not that I want to keep their boxes; what am I going to do with them?  I want to know that there is a box on location when I swap it out with one of mine.  Anyone can give you a list off accounts and a load of BS.  You are SMART to walk away from this guy.  Besides, sounds like you have a bunch of the accounts already if you are sitting next to him.  Why pay for accounts you already have?  Sounds like a scam to me.  Good choice avoiding it!! :)

• Like 1

New Weekly Totals:

Expected Gross Sales:  $268

Actual Gross Sales:  $194

23 boxes  Collected

Theft $74   %28

This was, by far, the worst week I’ve had for theft. Not sure what to make of that with all of the candy in people’s homes leading up to the Halloween holiday.  If this week would’ve held true to my overall theft rate prior to this week, I would’ve collected closer to $220.  It was a bit depressing.

Overall totals:

Exptected Gross Sales:  $2254

Actual Gross sales $1798

Theft 20.2 %

Box avg. (30 days): $24.38

I did lose the best auto repair shop this week.  Apparently, the Franchisee did a walk through and decided to remove anything from the shelves that wasn’t his own.  I think his decision was mostly driven by the fact that someone had been allowed to put in what was basically an ice cream bucket asking for donations for something.  It looked tacky. 

Anyway, I’ve also made the decision to pull three locations that are performing extremely poorly both from a theft and overall sales perspective.  I’m talking boxes that routinely have between $8-$12 dollars of candy gone and usually less than $3 bucks in the box when I pick them up.  So, overall, 5 boxes to locate on a Monday afternoon.  I’m estimating I can do it in an hour or less.  It has now been two months to the day when I placed my first boxes.  Have a great week everyone!

Just a quick update on locations now that I'm two months into this endeavor:

Boxes started with:  50 

Current Boxes: 49 (1 thrown away by a restaurant manager)

Active Locations:  43

Lost Locations: 7

Pulled Locations: 5

Businesses refusing an Honor Box: 42

All lost and pulled locations replaced.

• Like 1

New Weekly Totals:

Expected Gross Sales:  $324

Actual Gross Sales:  $225

25 boxes Collected

Theft $99   31%

Overall totals:

Exptected Gross Sales:  $2590

Actual Gross sales $2025

Theft 22%

Box avg. (30 days): $24.93

Theft continues to rise.  I'm not sure what to make of it.  Prior to my last three weeks, the theft rate was holding at 20%.  Each of the last three weeks, the theft rate has been closer to 30% bringing the overall theft rate to 22%.  

8 hours ago, Two Rivers said:

New Weekly Totals:

Expected Gross Sales:  $324

Actual Gross Sales:  $225

25 boxes Collected

Theft $99   31%

Overall totals:

Exptected Gross Sales:  $2590

Actual Gross sales $2025

Theft 22%

Box avg. (30 days): $24.93

Theft continues to rise.  I'm not sure what to make of it.  Prior to my last three weeks, the theft rate was holding at 20%.  Each of the last three weeks, the theft rate has been closer to 30% bringing the overall theft rate to 22%.  

You are doing a great job.  The key to this "honor" business is realizing there are not so honest people out there.  Our business exposes those people.  However, if you are persistent and have thick skin, you will have a very successful business.  It's really easy to get frustrated, upset, and angry in this business.  All kinds of stuff happens.  While do snack boxes, and not the candy boxes, I have had boxes thrown away, I have my coin boxes stolen, I have even had 2 locations tell me that someone from my company came in and removed the box, even though I am a one man show.  However, over 4 years I realize, the good stuff that happens outweighs the bad.  

Just remember this.  It's a never ending battle.  When I first started I thought I would find locations that were good and were bad, but that eventually I would have all my routes in place with little theft.  What i have learned is that you will never be able to stop placing and pulling locations.  It's challenging, but very rewarding also.  It's a simple business, but not an easy one.  If was easy everyone would be doing it.  Just hang in there and don't let the negative stuff that happens bring you down.  Just shake the dust of your feet and move on to the next.  If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask.  

Thank you for the kind words Bryan.  I am finding that it is a constant battle of watching locations and contemplating whether and when to pull a location. My main concern now is that, as I pull, I am going to have to go out of my immediate neighborhood to locate new boxes.  Everything I've located so far has been within a 5-6 mile radius of my house.  I guess I'm lucky in that regard.  I may have to expand to a 10-12 mile radius.  It'll be interesting to see what the holiday season brings for these candy boxes.

16 hours ago, Two Rivers said:

Thank you for the kind words Bryan.  I am finding that it is a constant battle of watching locations and contemplating whether and when to pull a location. My main concern now is that, as I pull, I am going to have to go out of my immediate neighborhood to locate new boxes.  Everything I've located so far has been within a 5-6 mile radius of my house.  I guess I'm lucky in that regard.  I may have to expand to a 10-12 mile radius.  It'll be interesting to see what the holiday season brings for these candy boxes.

Yes, sir, depending on how big you are wanting to build your business, you will definitely have to expand beyond 5-6 miles.  Right now the longest distant i travel is 52 miles.  However, I will eventually expand to 90 miles and I believe that will be the longest i will ever have to travel.  You just have to make sure you have  enough boxes in that area to make it worth your while to travel that far.

Yes sir, Bryan is correct!  It's not so much how FAR you have to drive, as long as you can be productive.  Look at it this way:  driving 30 minutes away and servicing 40 accounts is better than 10 minutes away and hitting 5 accounts.  You DEFINITELY do not want to drive 30 minutes away for only a handful of accounts, but if it is a productive trip, you are only out some drive-time and a some gas.  My route drivers would rather run a HIGH-VOLUME route an hour drive away, than a low-volume local route, especially if the high-volume route brings in close to twice the money.  As you choose to go out farther with your routes, be sure to heavily sell that area.  Make it worth travelling that distance, don't just "dip a toe in to it" to check it out.  Commit and CONQUER!  Keep up the good work!  :)

New Weekly Totals:

Expected Gross Sales:  $209

Actual Gross Sales:  $159

23 boxes Collected

Theft $50   24%

Overall totals:

Exptected Gross Sales:  $2799

Actual Gross sales $2184

Theft 22%

I placed four boxes on Monday, November 4.  I went back to check those boxes on Tuesday, November 12.  Two out of the four had never put the box out and gave it back.  In both cases it was somewhat expected since the person I'd left the box with admitted to not being the final decision maker.  It's just a part of the business.  So, I located each of these two boxes on Saturday, the 16th while out running the route.

Sales are a bit down, which I somewhat expected coming out of the Halloween holiday.  It will be interesting to see if sales pick up over the next 6 weeks as people are out shopping for the upcoming holiday season.  

Theft was up once again, but not as much as the past couple of weeks.  Overall theft has crept up to 22% from 20% a month ago.  

On 11/18/2019 at 9:16 AM, Two Rivers said:

Sales are a bit down, which I somewhat expected coming out of the Halloween holiday.  It will be interesting to see if sales pick up over the next 6 weeks as people are out shopping for the upcoming holiday season.  

Theft was up once again, but not as much as the past couple of weeks.  Overall theft has crept up to 22% from 20% a month ago.  

Let me preempt my response with: "I am not real familiar with the honor charity lollipop/mint/bulk candy boxes".  I have run Honor Snack trays, so I can share my experience and wisdom of that and hopefully some will apply to your business.  

Yes, my experience is that usage(volume) will drop slightly due to Halloween and the left over candy everyone brings in to work.  That should have corrected itself by the second week of November.  By now, you should be running "business as usual".  With the Holidays coming up, you should see a nice 'spike' in volume as stores bring on extra help and businesses start cranking up for the holiday season.  Yes, shortages will creep a bit during this time due to "temp" help, but if you have laid the ground work, you should be able to control that.  Typically, volume should pick up now and then generally crashes the week between the Holidays.  By mid-January, you should see volume rebound once again.

Let's address this topic of "Theft" or as I refer to it as Shortages.  In the Honor Snack world (and I am sure with the Charity box also), shortages are just part of the game and MUST be realized as a permanent factor in the grand scheme.  You CAN'T eliminate them, only MINIMIZE them.  That said, looking at shortages as a NEGATIVE issue will only FRUSTRATE you and make it difficult to properly run an Honor route.  Referring to them as 'Theft' is a reflection of that.  Theft implies 'intent to defraud', like someone took money from the box or purposely took candy with the intent to not pay.  While this does happen, folks also take from the box WITH THE INTENT to pay and do honestly forget.  Some assume their company pays for them.  Go into each account with the idea that the money was meant to be there, but someone just forgot.  It is now YOUR responsibility to remind them, whether that be thru talking to someone or leaving a simple reminder note.

I have read comments by other operators that criticize the use of notes, and I must say, their arguments don't hold water.  25 years experience shows me that they are a KEY element to 'working shortages'  and when your entire company (I have multiple route drivers) runs less than 15% shortages combined (well below industry standards), I'd say that there is something GREATLY BENEFICIAL to using the Reminder Notes.  I could write an entire post on the correct way to use Reminder Notes, but I won't bore you with that.  The main thing is to ALWAYS keep a positive attitude with your accounts when dealing with shortages.  Go into every account EXPECTING some shortage.  It is YOUR duty to "train the account" on how to use the Honor System.  YOU asked for your box to be there, they did not beg you to place one there.  You are, in a sense, conducting your business in their office.  You need to "connect" with your accounts; build strong relationships.  THAT is how you will REDUCE shortages.  Sometimes you have to sustain a little higher shortage with an account to give yourself some time to work on that relationship.

Here are a couple tips when viewing shortages:

1.  Always look at your TOTAL shortages (entire route) FIRST, before looking at individual accounts.  If your entire route is running 19% short, you do not need to HAMMER the accounts that are running higher.  If the entire route is running above the 20% mark (this should be your target), THEN look at individual accounts that need extra attention, but continue to 'blanket' your entire route with friendly reminders.

2.  Never leave Totals Due!  This implies an 'Invoice' or a 'Bill' that the business will assume they are responsible for.  This contradicts your sales pitch when you tell accounts that THEY are not responsible for the box or the money.

3.  The MORE accounts you service, the EASIER it is to control your shortages.  The smaller the route, the more a "high shortage" account will impact the entire route.

4.  ALWAYS ALWAYS keep it POSITIVE when addressing shortages.  Never demand money OR leave an ultimatum ("Next time the box is short, I'll have to remove it!").  You will always lose the demand/ultimatum game.

5.  NEVER burn a bridge when you DO end service with an account.  Always remove the box with the intent that you will replace the box in the future.  Sometimes it takes a few 'go-arounds' to make it work.

I just felt that this whole notion of "Theft" or "Shrinkage" needed to be addressed.  Feel free to run your routes your way, but this is how I train my drivers to service their accounts.  I hope things continue to work out for you and your route continues to grow!   Just my 2 cents!  :) 

With everything you're doing and seeing how easily you get locations, you may want to consider actually hiring someone part-time and paying them commission.  I have done math many times in the past, and I have not completely ruled out snack boxes from my future, but I am heavily invested in full-line now and the economy is NOT employer-friendly right now in regards to hiring people.

I have a very basic business model that I won't share publicly because, well, I don't think I should... but I will tell you this.  I have done the math in the past on honor boxes and it seems TOTALLY possible to easily make $25/hour (profit) from snack boxes (I don't know about charity but it may be similar).  I am sure it could do a little more but you'd need a pretty dense route for more than $25/hour.  The point is that you could actually keep growing your route since you are doing so well and try to hire someone in the future to run it for you.  If it was a trustworthy retiree that just needed some extra cash in their pocket but didn't want a boss over their shoulder, then you could pay them something like 25% of gross sales and then you keep the rest.  If you make say... 40% profit after all expenses now, you'd be left with 15% after the driver gets their cut.  That may not sound great but if all you have to do is stock snacks maybe once every week so that your driver has enough to run their daily routes, then you have an almost entirely passive business making 15% profit.  If the driver brings in say $350/day in 6 hours worth of work, then they make $87 that day (about $14.58/hour for pretty easy work) and you make $52.  If you found a solid guy that was willing to do it full time, you could pay him 30% and you keep 10%.  Again, 10% doesn't sound great but if you make something along the lines of $40 per business day... do the math and you'll see how it adds up when you might only be working maybe one day each week to stock product for the driver and count cash.

New Weekly Totals:

Expected Gross Sales:  $410

Actual Gross Sales: $291

28 boxes Collected

Theft $119   29%

Overall totals:

Exptected Gross Sales:  $3209

Actual Gross sales $2475

Overall Theft 23%

As you can see, theft is still continuing to rise.  I do appreciate the comments by Flint on the theft issue.  I guess I have been operating under the assumption that it is not a good idea to leave notes with candy/lollipop boxes since it is difficult for management/ownership to influence theft due to not knowing whether the theft is employee driven or customer driven.  Also, I've either been told or read that once you get into that discussion with management/ownership, you will often be told to simply remove the box.  

I do know that others in the candy/lollipop honor box side of things attempt to control theft by placing pops-only boxes.  Apparently, since pops are not as enticing as chocolates, it tends to reduce the theft.  So, as of this past weekend, I have placed pops-only boxes in two of my highest theft locations.  

Angry Chris, I agree, having others run routes for you would certainly make it a very passive income.  I have not heard of or seen anyone out there who is on this side of the honor box business successfully running multiple routes with employees the way Flint is doing with the snack boxes.  If there is someone out there doing it, I would love to hear from them.  As of now, I simply don't have the time to place the boxes, build the routes in the first place.  Also, the turnover is constant and I would think you would almost need to train your route drivers to place boxes as well just due to constant turnover.  Of course, at that point I don't know why they wouldn't simply go into business for themselves given the low cost of starting this business.

Thoughts?

4 minutes ago, Two Rivers said:

As you can see, theft is still continuing to rise.  I do appreciate the comments by Flint on the theft issue.  I guess I have been operating under the assumption that it is not a good idea to leave notes with candy/lollipop boxes since it is difficult for management/ownership to influence theft due to not knowing whether the theft is employee driven or customer driven.  Also, I've either been told or read that once you get into that discussion with management/ownership, you will often be told to simply remove the box.  

My comments regarding the notes were geared toward Honor Snack Trays.  I apologize for the confusion.  You are probably correct regarding the Charity Lollipop/Mint boxes that notes are not a good idea for those, especially since they are typically left in public locations.  The main thing I wanted to stress was more about looking at the shortage as a part of the system and not necessarily "theft".  You are probably on the right path with the Lollipop boxes in lieu of chocolate candies.  

To add to Chris's feedback, another option would be to hire a part-time sales rep.  Get a college kid home for break or the holidays to go out for a few days and place accounts for you.  Or find that "Stay-at-home" mom that would like to earn some extra part-time spending cash.  This is also an option.  I don't know how you hire route drivers for the charity boxes, as I am not sure how you would go about auditing them.  I have systems in place to audit my Honor Snack drivers, but those systems would not apply to the Charity game, or at least I am not sure how to tweak them to work for the Charity lollipop boxes.  I would think that running a lollipop/mint route  would be more of a solo enterprise.

• 2 weeks later...

New Weekly Totals:

Expected Gross Sales:  $314

Actual Gross Sales: $244

29 boxes Collected

Shrinkage $70   22%

Overall totals:

Exptected Gross Sales:  $3702

Actual Gross sales $2851

Overall Shrinkage 23%

43 total boxes out.

Theft/shrinkage is down a bit over the past two weeks, however, sales have also slowed.  I now have three accounts where I am placing pops-only boxes in an attempt to slow shrinkage.  I've made one collection on two of those boxes and it did seem to work, however, overall sales from one of the boxes also significantly dwindled.  I should probably pull at least a half dozen low-performing boxes, but have decided to wait until after the holidays are over.  Also, I'm currently picking up boxes on either 7,10, or 14 day cycles except for the six or so I mentioned above as low-performers which I am picking up every 3 or 4 weeks.  

I'm considering moving all boxes to a two week schedule for ease of convenience.   That would allow me to create 7 routes of 6 boxes a piece since I'm currently going out with the 6 boxes I have in reserve each time to replace boxes.  I would say I am currently spending about 8 man hours a week on this side business.  Going to a 14 day cycle on all boxes could significantly reduce the amount of time.

• 4 weeks later...

Happy New Year Everyone!

Sorry I’ve been gone so long, but I’ve been crazy/busy with the Holidays along with everyone else.  Also, I’ve seen a real downturn in sales and a continuance of the uptick in shrinkage/theft as you can see below.  Quite frankly, it’s been a bit disappointing.  I’m chalking it up to three things, two of which are rather basic.  First, I believe people simply weren’t taking as much candy as they had plenty of sweet options to choose from throughout the month of December.  Second, I think people probably had less discretionary money to put in my boxes throughout the month of December.  Third, I think my business is showing the effects of the Law of Diminishing Returns as spelled out by Dominick Barbato in the youtube video linked here;

Now, for a bit of good news.  Even though sales are down and shrink is up, I have a relatively stable route of 43 boxes that have been in place at their current locations for at least 6 weeks and some of them since September 4.  I’ve been collecting boxes on 7 day, 10 day, 14 day, and 28 day cycles.  Now that sales are diminishing a bit and we’re in the middle of winter, I am going to condense the collections to just 14 and 28 day cycles which will mean less time driving, collecting, and refilling boxes.

New Totals since last posting on December 8, 2019:

Expected Gross Sales:  $603

Actual Gross Sales: $448

58 boxes Collected

Shrinkage 26%

Overall totals:

Exptected Gross Sales:  $4305

Actual Gross sales $3298

Overall Shrinkage 23%

43 total boxes out.

Sounds like you have a solid foundation with your accounts.  The Holidays are always a tricky time for Honor Snacks and I am sure for the Charity honor boxes as well.  If I can give you just one piece of advice:  DO NOT watch any more of these videos.  Vending Business Solutions is a SCAM Biz Op group.  This guy is an idiot and all they want to do is sell you boxes.  And I looked at their website and it is the SAME SCAM known as Coke Solutions (before they were sued by Coca-Cola for trademark infringement).  $16/box is ridiculous (or $12/box if you buy 200 ???) Get your information from this site, from the actual guys battling in the trenches, and not these "Rainbow and Sunshine" Snake Oil salesmen on YouTube.  

Keep working at your route, and sell, sell sell!  If you are not growing, you are dying.  Hope 2020 is a great year for you!  :) 

• Like 1

On 9/21/2019 at 3:21 PM, Two Rivers said:

Greetings all,

My wife and I chose to jump into the deep end of the pool with candy honor boxes.  After having watched Youtube videos all summer and doing research in other ways, including here at Vendiscuss, we bought 50 pink ribbon honor boxes from Sheridan Systems.  They arrived on August 31.  We are lucky enough to live in one of the fastest growing suburbs in the United states just outside a large Midwestern city.  Our community is currently around 20,000 and expected to grow to 60,000 over the next decade.  The Urban area is approximately 600,000.  We literally have strip malls popping up all around us.

So, couldn't decide whether to use the Sheridan locator for $14 per box or not, but really wanted to give locating a try myself.  I'd had some experience 25 years ago with door to door sales, having worked for Schwann's Incorporated as a route salesman for two years.  Glad I didn't spend the money on the locator service, I ended up locating 42 boxes over the course of four evenings and a total of seven hours of locating time.  The boxes basically locate themselves.  I received a Yes from 2/3 of the businesses I approached.  A "yes" or "no" is usually forthcoming within the first 30-60 seconds of the conversation.  I keep the sales pitch short and to the point.  

"Hello, I'm so and so and I own Two Rivers Snacks.  We are a vending business and we partner with Candy for a Cause.  We place honor boxes in businesses and a portion of the proceeds support breast cancer research.  Your customers or employees simply put some money in the box and take out a few pieces of candy.  We'll stop by every week or two, depending on demand, to exchange boxes."  I almost always get an immediate response.  A few have further questions about how the charity portion works, but not many.

Today marks day 17 since placing our first boxes and we have now made one collection from each and every box placed.  I have placed a total 48 locations, lost 4 locations, and pulled one location for theft.  Boxes averaged being out 10 days upon first collection.  Our total revenue so far is $344.  After the first collection, we are on track to gross an average of $24 per month per box.  Given our research and our projections, we figure we will end up pocketing about $6 per box after the costs of doing business and our donations to charity.

Here is a rough estimate of our expectations:

Out of every dollar sold:

.07 for State and Local Sales Tax

.30 for the Cost of Goods (COGS)

.06 theft (20% theft)

.02 Gas

.03 box depreciation (considering a box will last us one year, have no clue whether that is the case)

.04 donation to Sheridan/Candy for a Cause

.07 donation to local charity (a choice on our part, we realize)

.16 Personal Income/Self-Employment tax

Yeah!  Here we get to the good part

.25 per box PROFIT.  Yep, that's right.  If we do this business "honestly", pay our taxes, consider our costs, and make what we consider to be an appropriate donation; we get to keep 25 cents on the dollar.

I think this is important to note because I believe that a lot of people might be watching youtube videos and seeing loads of cash being emptied out of boxes and not taking into consideration what running a business the right way really means.  

Now, to the bad part.  We were hoping for/anticipating/expecting 20% theft on goods sold.  Through our first round of collections, we have actually experienced 32% theft.  Out of the 48 locations, we can say a good portion of the theft has come from 5-6 locations, one of which I pulled after finding almost all theft.  Yep, 87 pieces of candy missing from the box (should've meant $29 in revenue) and only $5.50 in the box after 10 days.  Went back a second time after 4 days and found 28 pieced of candy missing ($7) and only $1.50 in the box.  It was a national auto repair chain.  I explained the situation to the assistant manager and stated I would be back during the week to offer a bulk vending machine.  

I guess we've been a bit surprised by the theft and appreciate any suggestions.  We are running a variety of boxes.  Boxes filled with 60 pieces of Mars candy and 18 pops, boxes filled with 70 pieces of dove/hershey candy and 28 pops, boxes with 45 York mints and 28 pops, boxes with 63 pops (only a few).  

Sorry to be long-winded on my first post, but this is exactly the kind of information I enjoyed reading and learning about throughout the summer on this forum.  Looking forward to getting the theft under control, earning some money, and turning this income stream into even more profitable and passive revenue streams including bulk and bubblegum.  

Two Rivers, That was really good information right there.  I would just throw a caution out there to the new people starting out that getting a "yes" from 2/3 businesses is not the norm.  The only reason I say this is not to be negative, but because it would be easy for someone to read this, then go out and 5 or 6 "no's" in  a row and get frustrated and think they are doing something wrong.  The key to getting locations is persistence.  I have gone out and got 5 or 6 "yes's" in a row and I have also gone out and gotten 7 or 8 "no's" in a row.  It  

You also hit the nail on the head with your spiel.  Keep it short and simple.  We are not salesman.  Let the boxes place themselves.  A lot of people try and overthink the process.  Just give your spiel and let them answer.  You can hit a lot of businesses in short time if you do it this way.  

While I do the honor snack trays, it still works exactly the same and while my spiel is a little different than yours, it's about the same length of time.  Keep up the great work, and if there is anything i can help with, please let me know.

Have a blessed day,

Bryan