DN 2145 Error Codes

Jay Carroll

I have a DN 2145 with these issues. When I plug it in the display reads DIXIE - NARCO VMC - VER 030.61-A           ENJOY A REFRESHING DRINK NOW      Then it continuously scrolls OUT OF SERVICE. I did a Error search from test mode and the list shows as follows:

PWR OUT

LOW LINE

LOW 28V

END LIST

I searched the manual and it touches on only 2 of the 3 ERRORS. POWER OUT & LOW 28V. PWR OUT is the last 5 power interruptions. All five are from the same week of 07/2010 and all of the times are with 20 minutes of 23:45 hours. The second one reads (From the manual) LOW 28V  Indicates a problem with the controller boards 28 volt power supply. This is a fatal error and will put the vender out of service until resolved.

I couldn't find anything on the ERROR that reads LOW LINE.

I'm assuming all three errors are related. I tried a clear errors but when I close the door the screen displays OUT OF SERVICE right away.

So.... How do I resolve the LOW 28V error.

Edited by Jay Carroll

Here is the procedure to clear your errors:

CLEAR ERRORS - Press key “0” Allows the service technician to clear any recorded errors. Press the number “0” on the keypad and the display will scroll “CLEAR ERRORS”. Press the “*” key and the display will read “OK” momentarily and an audible tone will be heard. The errors are cleared and the display returns to “SERVICE MODE”.

Your errors are unlikely from 2010 but that date was caused by the machine defaulting to some old date.  The LOW LINE refers to low voltage from the wall to your machine that would have triggered the LOW 28V.  Erase your errors and you should be good.

• Thanks 1

I just went out to retry a clear errors again. It works fine now. After I cleared the codes and closed the door it went back to OUT OF SERVICE. At that point I realized I need some experienced advice. I just unplugged it and hit this forum. I haven't kept it plugged in other then to try try new parts as I get them. Today was the "whats up with these error codes" day. I set the prices a few weeks ago to $0.00 to test it for a few weeks before I find a placement.

I bought two sad machines for $400. I have one up and running. I've been getting parts for this one over the past month. 

AZVendor. Thank You

Jay C

Edited by Jay Carroll

15 minutes ago, AZVendor said:

Here is the procedure to clear your errors:

CLEAR ERRORS - Press key “0” Allows the service technician to clear any recorded errors. Press the number “0” on the keypad and the display will scroll “CLEAR ERRORS”. Press the “*” key and the display will read “OK” momentarily and an audible tone will be heard. The errors are cleared and the display returns to “SERVICE MODE”.

Your errors are unlikely from 2010 but that date was caused by the machine defaulting to some old date.  The LOW LINE refers to low voltage from the wall to your machine that would have triggered the LOW 28V.  Erase your errors and you should be good.

My fear is they actually may be from 2010. LOL. Both machines where in a barn for "2-3 years" according to the seller. I certainly hope not though. They where both pretty rough. A good cleaning, a few used parts, hopefully fewer new parts and fingers crossed. One is running very well, This one gets cold but had the OUT OF SERVICE and wouldn't dispense. Now it appears to be working well. So far so good.

Again

Thank You