I'm new to the vending world, and I'm having a hard time with the water bottles.

which brand water bottle and sizes work best in your soda machine?

Im in the NYC metro area.

thanks 

Edited by Ktdeady
update tags

Get 16.0 oz Ozarka, Zephyr Hills, Ice Mountain or any other regional water from Nestle Waters but do not use actual Nestle branded or any store brand water.  The 16.0 oz bottles are ribbed to keep them firm when they get cold.  That or you need to use 20 oz Dasani or Aquafina but even they must be charged with nitrogen to keep them firm.  Finding nitrogen bottles is difficult (they are firm when warm.)

• Like 1

I can't get the 16.0 oz from VSO anymore and another distributor doesn't carry them.  However, I can get 16.9 oz Cumberland Gap from either of those two (and probably vistar as well but I don't order from them).  The 16.9 oz water works 100% perfectly if the machine is already shimmed for cans or 16.9 oz bottles.  The ONLY downside is that they are as long as typical 20 oz bottles so they are a little harder to get out of the delivery port.  Also, because they are as long as a 20 oz bottle, you cannot go 2-deep in machines like a 501T whereas with the 16.0 oz you can go 2-deep.

On 9/24/2019 at 11:18 PM, AngryChris said:

I can't get the 16.0 oz from VSO anymore and another distributor doesn't carry them.  However, I can get 16.9 oz Cumberland Gap from either of those two (and probably vistar as well but I don't order from them).  The 16.9 oz water works 100% perfectly if the machine is already shimmed for cans or 16.9 oz bottles.  The ONLY downside is that they are as long as typical 20 oz bottles so they are a little harder to get out of the delivery port.  Also, because they are as long as a 20 oz bottle, you cannot go 2-deep in machines like a 501T whereas with the 16.0 oz you can go 2-deep.

Don't get get stuck.The 16.9 OZ bottles from Sams get stuck .We only get 20z bottle from bottlers.They are raising prices willy nilly over here.It is over $11.00  from $9.40 in last six months.

2 hours ago, putrevus said:

Don't get get stuck.The 16.9 OZ bottles from Sams get stuck .We only get 20z bottle from bottlers.They are raising prices willy nilly over here.It is over $11.00  from $9.40 in last six months.

Only problem is that older machines aren't set up for 20 oz unless it's Sam's 20 oz bottles which do OKAY but I don't go more than halfway with those.

We use 16.9 ounce Absopure bottles available here in sw Michigan from Sam's club...hard as a rock and not because they are infused...bottle are thicker and very firm even when empty...Sam's Members Mark bottles were good for a time but became softer and would lose firmness in the machines...never a problem with the Absopure. I noticed though, that the Absopure bottles available in local grocery outlets are squishy and very different from the Sam's Absopures.

If your Aquafina bottles are firm when they are warm then they are injected with nitrogen.  Those are the ones you want to continue buying.  You might want to buy a huge stock of it because it will certainly not always be stocked that way.

• Like 1

I use aquafina but they are squishy af. Now they made them eco, which is pretty much a water bag filled with water. Theu are 12c tho so we only stack like 5 or 6 up. Great margins at 1.25 or 1.50

• Like 1