Cards offline by vendor

Apple Leisure

On 10/1/2019 at 4:40 AM, lacanteen said:

1-I can't tell from the picture if the changer and bill acceptor are MDB.

2-Those red antennas need to be a minimum of 12" away from each other. Also, the antennas should be vertical, not horizontal. 

3-You only used 2 of the 4 screws to secure the swipe unit.

It's all MDB.  I tried the antennas further apart, vertical, and outside of the machine.  No change.  Still "cards offline by vendor".  

• 4 months later...

Hi all,

Just reading this post so a bit late to the show. How do you confirm that DEX works on a machine before committing to adding card readers, etc.? 

46 minutes ago, DAG said:

Hi all,

Just reading this post so a bit late to the show. How do you confirm that DEX works on a machine before committing to adding card readers, etc.? 

Scroll back up and see the link LA posted for the compatible machine list.  I don't know of any way to "test" a machine other than doing the install, but the list will let you know which machines should work....

Southeast Treats (and anyone else on this thread),

Thanks for the reply. This makes me wonder - would it be of value to have an App on the Apple App store for your iPhone or iPad that could perform a DEX and parse and display that information? I have written an App that does that using a few different manufacturers bluetooth adapters as well as a plug-in lighting port cable. I was thinking maybe a basic free version that just tests if DEX works and maybe a pay version that does more analysis of the data. Trying to understand if it is worth my effort to get this thing into the App store. I wrote it and currently use it as part of my consulting business for a few large bottlers to help with their vending businesses. It also has features that help speed-up the set-up of vending machines by setting prices, space-to-sales, etc. Any feedback would be much appreciated.

That is usually the culprit. We first check if the machine will DEX. If it can DEX, the eeprom version is usually stored in the DEX data. We have a look-up that checks the eeprom version for each manufacturer and check if it is up-to-date to support the features we need. If not, we update the eeprom to the latest. 

3 hours ago, DAG said:

Southeast Treats (and anyone else on this thread),

Thanks for the reply. This makes me wonder - would it be of value to have an App on the Apple App store for your iPhone or iPad that could perform a DEX and parse and display that information? I have written an App that does that using a few different manufacturers bluetooth adapters as well as a plug-in lighting port cable. I was thinking maybe a basic free version that just tests if DEX works and maybe a pay version that does more analysis of the data. Trying to understand if it is worth my effort to get this thing into the App store. I wrote it and currently use it as part of my consulting business for a few large bottlers to help with their vending businesses. It also has features that help speed-up the set-up of vending machines by setting prices, space-to-sales, etc. Any feedback would be much appreciated.

For a small vender perhaps. For someone like me it could be used as a test tool, and it wouldn't need to be parsed. I would pay .99 for a tool like that if I was DEXing, but I currently have a test solution with my VMS. I've been reading raw DEX for many years now. 

1 hour ago, lacanteen said:

For a small vender perhaps. For someone like me it could be used as a test tool, and it wouldn't need to be parsed. I would pay .99 for a tool like that if I was DEXing, but I currently have a test solution with my VMS. I've been reading raw DEX for many years now. 

I enjoy my DEX medium rare...

Thanks for the feedback. Yes - it is useful as a diagnostics tool when the telemetry won't DEX. Can trace or test bad wiring and old eeproms.