Usi credit card 3574

TKK

So i have one of those newer usi machines that had a credit card reader for months. It was working well. Then i noticed no sales reporting and checked it out, the reader was off. The harness to the reader i noticed was pinched pretty badly, i spliced some of the little wires and it never turned on. So i replaced it with a new one, and it turned on for a few seconds then turned off. I reset the machines a few times and it doesnt get any power the usa tech g10 doesnt even beep anymore. The coin mech and bv work perfectly so there is proper current going through the mdb harness. I put a second new unit and same thing happened. The 2 units i tried i took to my warehouse and they dont work in another machine either. I then tried a new one again but in the warehouse and it worked perfectly. I took it to the usi and it turned on for a few secs. Then turned off and now gets no power. Thats 3 good readers that dont work now. Is there a fuse or something that can be popping them? I have like 180 of these newer usi machines and thats never happened..

That is weird but you should think about trying another MDB harness and then a logic board.  There are 5 wires in the harness and I think one is DEX.  The shorted harness may have taken out the DEX circuit in your board.

Have you been changing out the card swipe part or the inside telemeter? I had one doing something similar. I changed all harnesses and tried 3 telemeters and nothing changed. It ended up being something in the card swipe shorting everything out, so I changed it and all worked good

That makes sence now that you say it because i tried the new card swipe one and it did work for a bit then i plugged the old card swipe that was connected as they usually are interchangeable and thats when it messed up. I wonder if usatech will take em.back or return