Removing Validator and adding a cover plate

Put your card reader into the validator hole and make up a plate of some kind to put over the coin insert slot.  Parts aren't available to block the coin slot so you have to do that yourself.  You will need to keep the coin mech plugged in even though it won't be taking money.  You will need to keep enough change in it to avoid the use correct change message.

I had an offer of an account with the caveat that the machines wouldn't take cash, I assume that your client requested that as well.  Their reasoning was that if the machine wouldn't take cash it would be less likely to be susceptible to someone trying to break into it.  After careful thought, of about a minute and a half, I decided as a businessman I don't want to curtail such a (still) common stream of revenue, nor do I want to place machines in an area where such a thing happening is a concern.

As for covering the validator hole, there are special plates for that, in case you don't have a spare validator with you and need to replace one.  I guess you could rig up some kind of way to block the coin path, but I just wouldn't do it.  Not yet anyway.