Vendo 721 Live Display polishing the plexiglass front ?

SPARK

Hi can someone please recommend an easy but effective method of clearing out the scuffs and scratches from the front of a Vendo 721 that has Live Display ?

Is it plexiglass or acrylic ? What is the best way to remove scuffs ?

1jpeg.jpeg

My understanding is that plexiglass IS acrylic but plexiglass is a proprietary name for it, just like "cellephane" is just a brand of plastic wrap.

As for fixing it up, I have never heard of a way to remove scratches.  I'm sure there are ways but I am clueless on that.  I'd rather just replace it and make it look like new again.

There are a number of plastic cleaners/ scratch remover compounds on the market, I use Novus (search on line for sources) but you could probably find something in the car care aisle just as good.  The key is taking time to buff it enough, as in "wax on, wax off"....

i would replace and keep as a spare,you'll never have them new, ever, even if you put in a new piece, i give it a few day before someone scratches it or does something stupid to it, its not a battle you're going to win, but you can try, trying will cost you.... 

It is not acrylic. (Plexiglas is a brand name for acrylic.) Usually soda machine fronts are polycarbonate. 

I second the Novus plastic polish suggestion. Get number 1 and 2. I personally use a harbor fright buffer pad on a drill. Good luck.