Raising prices

matthew0582

Due to the rising cost of products and doing business in general, we will have to increase the price of 16.9 oz bottles to $1.25 . We appreciate your business and understanding. 

You should also talk to management before then and explain to them that due to your cost of doing business going up that you’ll have to go up also , don’t blindside them just by putting a post it note on the machine. 

Also remember that you might get boycotted for a short time but stick it out, if they do boycott you , they start buying again but if you let them bully you into lowering your prices, your screwed. 

I try to have a slight increase every January or when setting a new location. 

Since regular users don't look at the price labels every time, I will post a small label such as " 12 oz cans now .90" or "select candy items now 1.25" if I am changing the entire category, so that I don't get complaints about the machine not working for someone not putting in enough money.  I try to take those notes down after a couple weeks.  Unless there is a contractual reason to tell someone I don't worry about it, telling them is inviting them to argue.  If you go for years without raising prices you will get a lot more push back vs making adjustments once or twice a year as needed.  You can't make money if you keep absorbing every price increase you get, and I have never had a note from M&M Mars asking me if a price increase was OK with me.  How operators that still have .60 chips and 1.00 pastries are staying in business is beyond me.

23 minutes ago, Anacapa Vending said:

You have to pass along price increases. It's one of the first things my Vistar rep told me when I got into the business. He said over the years he saw so many operator's fail because they were afraid to raise prices on their best accounts. 

So true!!  I was a low-priced vendor in the past but I saw what it does to vending companies locally.  Now that the economy is doing what it's doing, you can't keep anyone for less than $15/hour, so a lot of companies can't afford to keep anyone and it's creating a massive demand for quality vending service.  I mean, you have to choose between your bigger accounts and your smaller accounts and we all know who get serviced first... and there aren't many local companies left around here so I can golpher up accounts doing less than 8k/year pretty easily I think.  I just refuse to offer cheap pricing.  You want the service, you gotta pay!!

• Like 1