DN501e set up for juice bottles

sbb

We have a DN501e pop machine that is currently set up for cans.  I would like to vend bottles of orange juice or milk in one of the narrow slots and wondering if it's possible and what do I need to do this?  I am not a professional vending person.  This machine is ours that we bought at an auction and have been servicing it ourselves for the past couple of years, so I need to know what parts to order if I need anything. 

Also I am looking for a backer for the back of the narrow slot that I would like to fill.  Right now I can see the back wall of the machine and in the other slots I see that there is a backer that stops the cans from going back to the wall.  It was missing when we bought the machine.

Thank you!

• Like 1

The “backer” is called a rear spacer. I probably have one somewhere that I’ll part with cheap but shipping might be steep.

As for milk or juice I would only do shelf stable products. For stuff that needs to be kept refrigerated you need what’s called a health control. What this does is if the machine gets above 41F for a period of time it will stop selling so people do not buy spoiled product.

If the product is in fact shelf stable there are 2 considerations. First, milk doesn’t sell well usually and OJ isn’t much better. Second, there is no one setup, it depends on the size and shape of the bottle.

• Like 1

IF you are vending bottles that have the SAME DIAMETER as 12 oz cans, you will FOR SURE use the SAME 12 oz can spacer and just change the cam setting only.

Some of the 16.9 oz bottles use the "can" spacer as well.

The back spacer is adjusted so there is little play at the end. (no matter what you're vending)

Orsd,

Yes the rear spacer is what I'm looking for.  Let me know what you want for one.

I think I will go with the shelf stable orange juice.  I will get some and then I will know what my bottle size will be.  I will be back if I can't figure out the spacing for them.

Thank you!

6 hours ago, sbb said:

Orsd,

Yes the rear spacer is what I'm looking for.  Let me know what you want for one.

I think I will go with the shelf stable orange juice.  I will get some and then I will know what my bottle size will be.  I will be back if I can't figure out the spacing for them.

Thank you!

Don't bother with the really small 8 ounce bottles.  You really want something like a 15.2 oz or 16 oz or something in that range.

I have a 501e that I vend 12oz V8 Splash out of. It works great. This may sound weird, but I reverse stack every other row. Bottle caps facing forward, next row caps facing back. It keeps them from nose diving, what seems to be an issue with shorter bottles. You could also go with SunnyD cans as a half measure.

• Like 1