Sam's Cub or Costco?

Sam's and Costco are almost next to each other where I am.  BJ's is just a little farther away.  I've found that Sam's has the best vending selections.  The other two just don't have much for vending at all... in my area.   I was buying from Vistar, but they've raised the minimum order and added fuel charges and it cost me more to have them deliver than it does for me to go to Sam's and my local small distributor and pick it up myself.

• Like 1

Costco has almost nothing for vending in my area.

Best to walk through there.  Sam's now requires you to show your card when you walk in, but Costco lets you tour before becoming a member.  See what all they have.  I know I was disappointed in the selection.

I belong to both. Is you have the Business membership to they end up costing nothing since your purchases pay the membership. Sam's  has more variety, Costco has some chip and chocolate variety packs I prefer. I could not fill my machines with just a Costco membership. On Dec 1 my Sam's membership puts $500 on my account due to yearly purchases (nice). All things being equal, Sam's is the better choice. For me they are within 3 miles of each other, so I belong to both.

They closed all of the Sams stores in Washington State so only option is Costco.

Not all Costco's are created equal - they have stores they call "business centers" - these are the stores that have all the vending stuff - the one nearest to my shop is only about 10 miles but in Seattle traffic that can be 10 minutes or an hour and a half so I use the delivery service - free next day delivery for orders over $250.

Liked Sams better - had to change out my inventory mix when forced to use Costco, but working ok now.

39 minutes ago, ABCVending said:

They closed all of the Sams stores in Washington State so only option is Costco.

Sams also does free shipping for plus members now; my local store has cut out some popular items so I have started ordering online and having them shipped.  It makes no sense to me that my Cinnamon Pop Tarts have to be shipped from California to Florida by FedEx but it's their party....

2 hours ago, Southeast Treats said:

Sams also does free shipping for plus members now; my local store has cut out some popular items so I have started ordering online and having them shipped.  It makes no sense to me that my Cinnamon Pop Tarts have to be shipped from California to Florida by FedEx but it's their party....

I ordered two cases of Monster from them, came in two separate (big) boxes with no packing material.  It truly was miraculous that no cans burst open!

4 hours ago, Golfdogs said:

I ordered two cases of Monster from them, came in two separate (big) boxes with no packing material.  It truly was miraculous that no cans burst open!

Same!  Literally exact same.  Amazing the box wasn't dripping ultra violet energy when I picked it up.  Then to add insult to injury.  I go slice the plastic wrap open with my boxcutter and nick a can.  Spraying everywhere.  Howd they all survive shipment in a box twice their size with no packing and then barely touching it with the top of a box cutter explodes it is beyond me.

14 hours ago, Southeast Treats said:

My local Sam's won't deliver the 12 ounce cans of soda, they are "in club only".  Therefore there is no reason for me to use the free shipping for the other things since I have to go there anyway.

On 12/10/2019 at 11:38 AM, Southeast Treats said:

Those cinnamon pop tarts are so addictive. I think they might sprinkle them with heroine. Those and the buttercrunch cookies after you microwave them for 20 seconds.

Edited by Corvus Corax
Typo