Shipping cost with gumballs

ginger vend

I only need to order 12 boxes of gumballs at a time.  Shipping was highest ever with my last order.  Sams Dubble Bubble from past use has not been satisfactory, (maybe they have improved in quality?).  Are there any ways to help with the cost of shipping while buying gumballs other than Sams?  I have been told having a commercial address is, but that is not an option.   Upon inquiring, have not gotten an answer if I having sent to a drop off location for Fedex or UPS  would be considered commercial or not.   All feedback appreciated.  Tks

6 hours ago, ginger vend said:

I only need to order 12 boxes of gumballs at a time.  Shipping was highest ever with my last order.  Sams Dubble Bubble from past use has not been satisfactory, (maybe they have improved in quality?).  Are there any ways to help with the cost of shipping while buying gumballs other than Sams?  I have been told having a commercial address is, but that is not an option.   Upon inquiring, have not gotten an answer if I having sent to a drop off location for Fedex or UPS  would be considered commercial or not.   All feedback appreciated.  Tks

You don't have alot of options ordering in smaller quantities. I am assuming you have tried to find another bulk candy wholesaler in your area...if not then do so. Many cities have smaller businesses that sell name brand confections/candy but they don't sell to the public.....only wholesale to businesses so they are often not advertised. I actually combine my orders with a couple of competitors when buying from Oak Leaf, Ford or Just Born. If you have a friendly relationship with any of your competitors that is also an option. Your best bet is obviously Sam's Club. I use Dubble Bubble as my primary gumball and it sells just fine. The only downside to Dubble Bubble is it really starts to get hard after about 9 months in the machine but you can manage that by not over filling the globe. What was you issue with Dubble Bubble?

2 hours ago, ginger vend said:

Lots of chipping with product so did not try again.   Is this an issue you have?   

Chipping has never been a consistent issue for me with Dubble Bubble. Temperature fluctuations and rough handling in shipping and storage contribute to problems like that so maybe you just got a bad batch. I buy them in the store right off the pallet so the don't get thrown around as much during shipping compared to product sent via Fed Ex. Generally the only issue I have with them is the shell getting hard while in the machine.