USI Alpine ST/VT 5000

ddd8896

I’ve been researching investing, real estate, business for a few years now and I finally took the leap into what I feel is the best solution for me and my family right now - Vending !

I secured my first location (prominent car dealership) and purchased a brand new USI Alpine VT5000 fitted with a high capacity can module, drink tray, candy/pastry tray, and 2 chip trays respectively. So far I love the machine. It is functioning without any problems 4 months in and it is configured well for the location (and it’s quite profitable), but I am left with a few questions moving forward.

I like servicing a location with this volume (sub$15k/yr gross), it seems like a sweet spot for the effort/reward. In my mind a location like this can work with a well configured 5 wide combo machine (high capacity cans) or with a dedicated drink and snack machine. 

So I have 5ish questions:

Are these Alpine 5000 machines reliable long term (5+ years)? And how about the Mercado snack variation?

Can a used Alpine ST5000 be retrofitted with the barrier shelf effectively making it a VT, or are there more complexities making this implausible? Less upfront investment is always better in my mind.

Can a high capacity can module be ordered and installed into a used Alpine 5000 utilizing the existing wiring harness for the motors from the lower tray that would be removed to make space for the can module (and is it cost effective)?

Would it be a better idea moving forward to use the AMS multitasker with the high capacity can module in terms of reliability and cost? How does this machine compare? This may be a good machine to just buy new for every suitable account.

And finally! If a future location seems better suited for a dedicated drink and snack machine, what machines would be a good recommendation? I’d love to use the new USI Evoke machines but I can’t see myself spending anywhere near the $16k+ for a pair. Are these basic Wittern/Federal/USI machines like the Federal MP40 reliable? Im considering pairing these with a reliable drink machine. I care about the appearance of the machines as I believe it is what keeps the account happy, increases sales, and solidifies my position with the account - I’ll even vinyl wrap the machines if I feel it would benefit me in the long run.

Sorry in advance for the long winded post.

-Thanks-

Combo machines are not favored around here. If the room is available you are better off with a 4 or 5 wide snack and a stacker soda machine. This will double to triple the amount of snacks and soda. A combo typically holds 150 to 180 sodas and 150ish candy and 100ish snacks.

A stacker soda holds 270-300 for a small or 500-650 for a full size.

A 4 or 5 wide snack holds 240-300 candy and 160-200ish snacks.

Essentially if the location is good enough to empty the machine in two weeks or so, your better off with dedicated  soda and snack machines. If it isnt, your probably getting a lot of stales.

You can also purchase a used soda and snack machine for half or less then a new Combo.

Do a search threw this site and you will get some wisdom. If you don't trust me, trust vendiscuss.

AMS, AP, CRANE, National, Dixie Narco, Royal, Vendo, are American made and trusted. The rest, your flipping coins.