replacement mech?

arkhusker

Had a funeral home with their own machine call me for repairs the other day. Had an old Vendo with a Maka Conlux US-114A-1D. I have never a mech like this. It's 24v with 2 6 pin plugs, the larger goes to the validator, the other is power, etc. 

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_2478.jpg

What model is the machine?  It sounds like a Vendo Workplace vendor with the solid door and adhesive flavor labels and a serpentine rack.  If so you are stuck with that changer I believe and a really wierd one-off credit relay.  The relay has a test button on the side of it to set a credit and might be impossible to find now if it fails.  If all of this is correct you need to find an old Maka repair depot like Vendtronics in Phoenix that might be able to fix it and might have one of these machines as a testing machine.  Otherwise the machine should be junked.  I still had some parts for it before I sold my warehouse off but you won't find parts for it now I'm sure.

That's the one. Everything in the machine except the cooling system is 24vdc so no standard single price mech can be used in it.  Pepsi put a couple of these out for me back in the early 90s and then I bought a couple for myself before I realized the pitfalls of the coin mech, labels and the relay and the longer I had them the harder it was to get parts even though they had just recently been released.  I bought 2 replacement credit relays and was told they were the last ones they had.  This was when Vendo started not supporting older machines, moved their manufacturing to Texas and just before they sold to Sanden from Japan.