Selling machines

vendtex

Where you at?

There's Captains Auction Warehouse in Anaheim, CA for west coast guys. An ok condition 6way Oak rack usually goes for 80-100. NW 200+.

For east coast I think there is Auction Game Sales in Gatlinburg, TN and Winston-Salem, NC. Never been so I can't give details.

Otherwise eBay I guess.

1 hour ago, orsd said:

Where you at?

There's Captains Auction Warehouse in Anaheim, CA for west coast guys. An ok condition 6way Oak rack usually goes for 80-100. NW 200+.

For east coast I think there is Auction Game Sales in Gatlinburg, TN and Winston-Salem, NC. Never been so I can't give details.

Otherwise eBay I guess.

Texas

8 hours ago, vendtex said:

Anyone have any ideas of the best methods for selling a large number of machines?  Seems like eBay would be difficult due to the shipping costs.  sorry for duplication

I have used Craigslist in the past with success. I will list it in my area and then in several surrounding cities in order to cast a wider net. I have also used a flea market booth in conjunction with the Craigslist ad. The flea markets I have used don't require me to be there and I just direct Craigslist customers to that location. You price the inventory, people shop your booth and take items they want up to the check out. I like this method because you aren't constantly fooling around with tire kickers calling, you can sell some machines to impulse buyers shopping the flea market and ultimately it is safer as you don't have a steady stream of unknown people coming by your home or shop. I always make it clear in the ad and booth that I have alot of equipment to sell and volume deals are available.

Another option available is https://www.usedvending.com/

I have never used them but they have been around for a long time. It is free to use and another avenue to get the attention of possible buyers. It is a non shipping site and makes it clear that it is the buyers responsibility to arrange pick up.

Clean, route ready machines with locks sell much quicker and can fetch a better price. That's why you often see people buying new, inferior Chinese equipment because they like the idea of getting a machine and immediately putting it on the street without the hassle of cleaning, painting or repairing.

Are you downsizing or leaving the business?

3 hours ago, gumball guy said:

Are you downsizing or leaving the business?

Leaving.  This was intended for my son but the reality of needing to constantly relocate, which he wasn't willing to do, and a move has made it a money pit.  I have a wide variety, but mostly NW super 60s.  I think around 3-400 but I am still getting everything together.  The thought of cleaning it all up again is daunting.  

Edited by vendtex

3 hours ago, vendtex said:

Leaving.  This was intended for my son but the reality of needing to constantly relocate, which he wasn't willing to do, and a move has made it a money pit.  I have a wide variety, but mostly NW super 60s.  I think around 3-400 but I am still getting everything together.  The thought of cleaning it all up again is daunting.  

Sorry to see you leaving but I completely understand. The Northwestern Super 60 is a workhorse and will appeal to a wider audience because of it's quality so hopefully that helps you sell off a little quicker.  Rehabbing machines on a large scale is indeed no fun and time consuming but as long as the machines aren't filthy, horribly scratched or clogged up with melted candy you still should be able to move them "as is".  Just be ready to negotiate a bit on price if it becomes an issue.

• 2 weeks later...