MEI 4000 Coin Mech

tblake05

I saw the recent post but my problem is different.

I've got error code 2 which means gate error.  The mech seems to not be refilling the tubes.  It is a rather new (rebuilt) unit, and all my mei 4000 coin mechs seem to be reliable and run well.... unless you guys recommend something different that doesn't cost a million dollars.

Are there any user replaceable parts in these, or anything I should check?  I know mine will no longer be under warranty as I had it rebuilt some time ago as a spare which I put into service about a year ago replacing a crappy old coinco.  (I have a few spare Coin Mechs and Validators that were rebuilt that I swap into service when one gives me problems.  Then I send out the faulty one for repair, so I have one to trade it with)

Edited by tblake05

I don't know why you say "crappy old Coinco" ...I prefer their mechs.  With that MEI you've got, I've had and lived with that error before.  If it's still dispensing you could just make sure it's always full.  One other thing that probably won't work is pushing the yellow button and then either A or C.

What mech do you prefer?

6 hours ago, tblake05 said:

To Be honest, this may be the first issue I've had with the 4000 series mechs besides a jammed coin now and then.  I forget which coinco model it was but it was an early MDB and every other week it was having a problem.

I don't know if any came earlier but the 9302-gx has been around for a long time and it's one of the best mechs ever made in my opinion.  The quantum pros are trash but I think they came after the 9302-gx.  I can't think of anything older than the 9302-gx but the fact that you can't remember the model number in question leads me to believe that you had a problem with an individual mech or one so uncommon that it was long discontinued.

Gate error could be an internal accept gate motor or jam.  I have several 4000's but I upgrade to MEI 7000's every chance I get.  I price shop on EBay for good deals, I know a lot of people here won't buy from EBay but so far I have had no serious problems....

• Like 1

6 hours ago, AngryChris said:

I don't know if any came earlier but the 9302-gx has been around for a long time and it's one of the best mechs ever made in my opinion.  The quantum pros are trash but I think they came after the 9302-gx.  I can't think of anything older than the 9302-gx but the fact that you can't remember the model number in question leads me to believe that you had a problem with an individual mech or one so uncommon that it was long discontinued.

The gx series we have in another machine if I remember correctly. It looks exactly like the older 9302L except it is mdb, correct? If so, have had 0 issues with it. 

The coinco ones I don't like have that flap open door to load coins. Think we still have a couple in use but when they fail they're gone. I just don't like them.