cb700 display

tblake05

Hello,  anyone know whats going on with my cb700 display panel?  Is the display bad, or the main control board board?  I know my way around electronics fairly well so I reflowed the solder joints and did some testing but couldn't get anywhere (there is  blob microcontroller on the underside of the actual panel).  The machine works just fine minus the display.  From the pictures IIRC it should read "Ice" on one "Cold" on another.  Then I entered a dime and a quarter.  That is what I get.  Like I said, machine functions normally otherwise.  I see Capitol Vending offers a new display panel, however it appears different than mine.

IMG_4469.JPG

IMG_4470.JPG

Corrupted display board most likely.  What the hell do you have it hooked up to?  Is the harness long enough to set it on a table?  The display is very similar to a Royal since both logic boards are made by Coinco.  In fact, if you swap eproms you can interchange the logic boards between the CB700 and a GIII Royal I believe.  

hey AZ, its sitting at home on my workbench along with the control board.  I'm running it with a 24V ac power supply.  It was easier to do it at home rather than in cold storage (esp in MN).  The plus side of that was I was able to test some MDB validators and Coin Mechs with it also.

Can you elaborate on the GIII royal?  I don't need to burn up my control board.  Maybe a Royal display will be a little easier to come by rather than this version of the cb700 board.

I really need to get this machine up and running soon.  About to get another account.  (otherwise I'll have to buy a new one)

Thanks for the info.

AZ, I see there are some "blue" displays on ebay that fit the GIII.  Are they electronically interchangeable with my red display?  I'm sure I can reconfigure the mount bracket as the mounting holes are in different spots.

I also found this on capitol.  It looks exactly like mine, and I am ok soldering it in.  I've got an email into capitol but it seems my emails always get flagged by their spam filter.  I may just have to call them.

https://www.capitalvending.com/icdisplayaplcm.html

Thanks

Edited by tblake05

That display won't work.  You should try to get a CB700 display but the Royal like it should work too.  Vendnet still lists the display p/n 4210660 at $152.37.  Don't be cheap and just get the correct part.  When you order you can ask tech support if your issue is a bad display.

Edited by AZVendor

Weird. I emailed vend net and they said it was obsolete and no longer for sale. Do you have a link? Vendors exchange as he suggested is of no help also.

Good Morning! The part number 4210660is obsolete, as is the control board! You might try Vendors Exchange @(800)321-2311 to see if they have a substitute for that part!

Kind Regards!

Martin Lewellen

Vendnet Technical Service

8040 University Blvd

Des Moines, Iowa 50325

1-800-833-4411

VENDNET

I was only going by the results of the search I did on their site for the part number.  They usually take the part image and pricing down when the part is not avaialble so shame on them, again, for not maintaining their website and for not supporting legacy equipment.  So what if it's 15 years old, people still run these machines and will for years to come.  The vending manufacturers are abysmal at supporting legacy equipment and it's embarrasing to be an American vendor now.  The vendors get dumped on time and time again by the high and mighty manufacturers.  Vendnet used to be the best at supporting legacy machines up until about 5-8 years ago when something changed.  It was about the time that they dumped their senior tech support people and left the industry with a bunch of numbskulls who didn't know anything about the equipment they were giving support to.  

Since the CB700 is one of the most commonly and easily vandalized machines you should be able to find a display on Amazon or Ebay or a cheap machine for parts on Craigslist.  

Right AZ, I see no reason why I should scrap a perfectly good clean machine because a 100.00 display is corrupt.  I mean c'mon.

I've even reached out to some companies who rebuild control boards to see if they could just send me the LED display portion which I could solder onto my board.  As I believe the MCB12 board (and other USI/Wittern boards) use the same raised LED portion.

You say coinco made these boards?  I wonder If I could reach out to them for help.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...
On 2/1/2020 at 8:01 PM, tblake05 said:

Follow Up!!!

After contacting Coinco (who made the main control board), they pointed me towards which company made the display panel.  I sent them an email, and received a response that they would forward me email to the person who knew the board.

A week or so went by and I was contacted by a nice gentleman by the name of John Cassacia.  Who stated:

Hi Tim, 

Omar Castillo at Masterwork Electronics gave me your name and contact info.  I am the former Engineering Manager of Versatile Control Systems / Masterwork Electronics. I understand that you have an issue with the display on a USI CB700. 

I believe that I can help guide you to a solution.  The display module is available as a separate element.  You can purchase the part from Digikey.com.

The part they have for sale is a Lite-On part number LTM-8328PKR-04 (~$10.00) this  display will work, but it is somewhat dim. The exact replacement is available, but is about twice the price, and is available to OEMs that purchase several thousand per year. 

Let me know if you have any additional questions.

Best, 

John Cassacia

He is correct, it is somewhat dimmer than the original panel, however it works fine without issues and for only 10.00 plus shipping!!!!  For anyone doing this on their own machines.  You will need soldering skills.  Also, I had a problem at first with the "make another selection" LED flickering and eventually turning on.  I then cleaned the board from the leftover solder flux with some Isopropel Alcohol and now it is working great!

Just thought I'd send a follow up to anyone needing to repair their board since there is virtually no support for these machines from Vendnet anymore.  Big thanks to John Cassacia for the help in repairing my machine for about 15.00 rather than scrapping it over just a bad display panel!!  Now it can be sent to location and start making $$$!

IMG_4491.JPG

IMG_4492.JPG

IMG_4493.JPG

IMG_4494.JPG

Have you had any issues with your main control board, holding memory and/or "SEnS" error.  Sens error is related to thermistor, but my gut tells me the 2 issues are related to the board .  The board doesn't hold memory,  I replaced the SNaphat battery, it still lost memory when shut off.  Perhaps the battery I used to replace it was bad. too

4 hours ago, Vendpros said:

I have all sorts of errors scrolling past mine when I open the door. Mainly due to not using a refrigeration relay or an electric temp sensor.

the cb500 3189 I’m running the cn700 board in, uses the old tried and true mechanical thermostat. So I just ignore those errors.

the other cb700 I have has never had an issue.

maybe start a new thread describing your problem and someone with more experience than me can help. Otherwise it sounds like it’s time to send your board in for repair.