thinking about adding bouncy balls...

jay22

i got a lot of single head gumball machines out at kid friendly locations and i was thinking about converting some  to doubles and adding bouncy balls at 50 cents each. never ran bouncy balls before... can they do well in a non gimmick gumball machine? i feel like they’d compliment the gumballs well, and the profit margin would be there... also would be really easy to maintain, just like gumballs. curious to hear your thoughts.

Edited by jay22

4 minutes ago, Mehehe said:

I run all my BB's in normal oak/eagle machines.  Gimmick machines just means more to break on them.

how do they do? do you think they’d pair well with gumballs? the one negative i’m thinking is i imagine repeat buyers would be low. how many bouncy balls could you possibly need?

Edited by jay22

Lol, I had one location that the owners 8 yo daughter collected BB's.  She had to have bought 200+ before stopping, it was great.

Some of it depends on whether its repeat traffic or new traffic, generally speaking.  

You could also swap it out for a mystery mix 1in capsules every 6 months or so.  Depending on the machine is how tough it is to switch between the two.

• Like 1