Soda Machine in single Digit Weather

I can't find anything on this anywhere. 

I had a soda machine vendo v540 delivered last night. It was single digit weather. By the time I got it unloaded it was 10 p.m. so I didn't do anything with it. All day today it hasn't gotten above single digits. I plugged the machine in today. Everything works but the compressor won't kick on. Is it just to cold? I had it delivered to my house planning on putting in location at end of week.  I understand that if it was plugged in already before it was cold it would run. But the guy drove it 2 hours here on the highway in single digit temps.  Could this freeze it up? I can't find anything about this. Sorry if this has been asked before.  Any advice helps.

If the temp is satisfied the compressor will not kick on until it gets above the cut in temp. If you want to test it, grab hold of the end of the cold control. Your body heat should warm it quickly and you shopuld hear the compressor kick on.

Grabbing that temp sensor will be tough because it's attached to the evaporator shroud.  At any internal machine temperature below about 36 degrees the machine will not cool because it won't need to.  If it's in your freezing cold garage then the compressor will never start in those temperatures.  The typical cooling range is 36 to 42 degrees.  The thing you need to worry about is all of your products freezing unless it's going to be in a temperature controlled environment.  If it will be outside then the machine must have a heater in it to protect your products.

• Like 1

Thank you. I was thinking it wouldn't start because of the temp. But I thought that a fan would at least kick on. It was 7 degrees outside. Thank you for the replies. I appreciate it. I just have it where it is because it needs some cleaning and tlc. The location its going to is inside. 

The compressor and condenser fan in front of it will only come on when the thermostat tells it to.  The evaporator fan in the cabinet will run all of the time to circulate cold air.  Vendos often have two evaporator fans, one of which only runs when the compressor cycles on.

You can also test the compressor unit by plugging it in to an external power source. The compressor will be plugged in just below the cabinet shelf on the left side. Unplug it and plug into a power line(extension chord) and it should kick on immediately. Do not leave it plugged in that way as there is no shut off then. Just to test

On 1/23/2020 at 1:39 AM, AZVendor said:

Grabbing that temp sensor will be tough because it's attached to the evaporator shroud.  At any internal machine temperature below about 36 degrees the machine will not cool because it won't need to.  If it's in your freezing cold garage then the compressor will never start in those temperatures.  The typical cooling range is 36 to 42 degrees.  The thing you need to worry about is all of your products freezing unless it's going to be in a temperature controlled environment.  If it will be outside then the machine must have a heater in it to protect your products.

I'm curious... do my Dixie Narco's have heaters? I always thought that somehow the compressor keeps things warm. i have several outside drink machines and my products have never froze even at 0F.

1 hour ago, MidStateVending said:

I'm curious... do my Dixie Narco's have heaters? I always thought that somehow the compressor keeps things warm. i have several outside drink machines and my products have never froze even at 0F.

You would have to check yourself to see if they have heaters but I have never installed any so I don't know what they look like.  Thing is, the heat from the evaporator fan can be just enough to keep them warm.  The compressor won't do anything at those temperatures because it won't run, but the evap fan is always running.