New vending machine op

Lorenzservices

Hello, my name is Jon Lorenz. I own and operate Lorenz Services LLC as a side business from my day job. My day job is a locomotive engineer for a major railroad. Last summer, I purchased one vending machine from a box store and it was delivered outside my office. It is home of 23 select choices for customers to pick from. Hope to learn more about vending machines and grow. Thanks in advanced for being part of your website.

Your day job is thousands of times more lucrative and interesting than operating one vending machine.  Good luck with it but stay away from snacks and combo machines until you have lots of soda machines out.  One machine will not make you any money and you will probably get discouraged and want to sell it within 2 years.  Unfortunately you will not be able to sell it for anything close to what you paid for it.

I agree with AZ, love your day job!  Good luck with the vending, check out the food and beverage forum... but be prepared to hear negatives about combo machines.  Just remember, the reason so many operators are passionate against combos is because we all have or had them at one time, and they can present some challenges!  It's all good....