AMS 39-640 cooling problem

Pats vending

I have only 1 location an apartment complex in Anaheim CA. I work there doing maintenance and have had a soda and snack machine on site for about 18 years. About 8 years ago I bought 2 new machines the snack is an AMS 39-640, the cooling has failed. I think  it may be the evaporator fan motor, but I don't how to get to it. I hope to fix the machine my self, but I would consider calling for repair if anyone knows a good company in my area. Any advice would be helpful!

1. Keep the vent screen on the bottom of the machine clean.

2. Keep the machine 4" away from a wall for air flow.

3. Make sure the doghouse over the compressor is not loose and leaking air.

Do you have a frozen evaporator?  If yes does the evaporator fan run inside the cabinet after you unplug the cooling unit?  If yes then you have low freon in the cooling unit and you need someone to recharge it.  If no then you need to replace the fan motor.  It's 1/2 way up the right side of the cabinet facing down.  You have to pull two shelves out to get to it.  It's expensive as I believe it's a 16W motor.

If there is no ice on the evaporator and there is no air coming out of the back of the machine when the compressor is running then check #1.  If the condenser fan is bad then the compressor will short cycle and not cool.  If you have air flow but the compressor doesn't run it could have failed or the start relay is bad.  If the compressor and condenser fan run and you don't have a frozen evaporator and the evaporator fan is running then you are out of freon and might have a large leak in the system.

Lots of variables.