Your Prices

tismael56

Hey Guys, I am curious to see what other Vendors are charging in 2020 for mainstream products like soda cans, 16.9oz bottles, 20oz bottles, energy drinks, chips, etc. Currently i get my soda at about $0.34 a can and am struggling to sell it at $0.85. My small chips are at $0.85 but sell better at $0.75. Don't sell energy drinks yet, candy at $1.25 (no one buys it) and 16.9oz soda at $1.25. Currently near Richmond VA but trying to get more locations in cities with higher average income. Anyone who wants to comment is welcome, please also leave where you are coming from. 

You always need to check local prices on your competitors.  Higher incomes likely won't change anything.  It's all about people not thinking you are expensive relative to the other companies in the area, but it's also about having good equipment and giving the image that your bag of chips is worth more than the other guy's.

• Like 1

Florida - east coast

12 oz drinks 0.85

20 oz drinks $1.75

Candy and Pastry $1.25

Crackers and granolas -  .75 to $ 1.00

LSS chips $ 1.00 -  needs to go up soon, should be $ 1.15 at least

SSS chips $0.75 - cost is still low enough to keep this pricing

Coffee drinks, energy drinks $ 2.00 to $ 3.25 depending on item

20 oz water $ 1.00 to $ 1.50 depending on brand and location

Oh wow, we have some great replies. Thank You guys for the insight. @AngryChris ,regardinghat you said about checking out the local competition, how does one do that accurately? I feel like the machines that you can see at any business (customer driving vending) have higher prices than machines in lets say a warehouse. 

@orsd, good job on those prices man. Im still fairly new at the vending game guess I just have to gauge the correct time to raise prices

@Southeast Treats thanks for the post friend. It helps to know what is going on in different parts of the country

I’m in the Houston, TX area and charge the following.

Coke is suggesting $1.00 for cans in my area but I know that many of my accounts won’t buy at $1.00 . 

cans    .75

20 oz bottles 1.50

I don’t sell 16.9 oz bottles 

Energy Drinks  $3.00

chips .75 sm 

$1.25 Lg 

Pastries $1.25

Income levels don’t always equate to you being able to charge more . I’ve got blue collar accounts that make a lot more than white collar with higher salaries . 

Demographics of a location is a factor as well , women tend to diet more , blue collar men tend to eat and drink more of what they like without considering health factors and that’s why I like to have my blue collar vs white collar accounts pretty balanced.

On 1/29/2020 at 10:26 AM, Southeast Treats said:

Florida - east coast

12 oz drinks 0.85

20 oz drinks $1.75

Candy and Pastry $1.25

Crackers and granolas -  .75 to $ 1.00

LSS chips $ 1.00 -  needs to go up soon, should be $ 1.15 at least

SSS chips $0.75 - cost is still low enough to keep this pricing

Coffee drinks, energy drinks $ 2.00 to $ 3.25 depending on item

20 oz water $ 1.00 to $ 1.50 depending on brand and location

Where do you get LSS chips? and having $1.15 cause change problems?

I get most of my large chips thru Vistar; Sams carries a few but mostly in assortment cases which I try to avoid.

At 1.15 there would be .10 change on a quarter; that's more doable than 1.10 and .15 change... I found out the hard way when I raised cans to .85 and the .15 change cleans out the older 3 tube changers!!

• Like 1

Prices vary depending on the brand, I think I am paying anywhere from .45 to .62... to get delivery from vistar in my area you have to order at least 25 cases at a time.  They will Fedex small orders at your expense, which makes the cost too high usually.   If you are lucky enough to be close to their warehouse you can pick up smaller orders yourself.

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, tismael56 said:

Well Im new to Vending Ive heard bottlers dont let you place other companies products in the leased machines. I am wondering if this is true everywhere???

Depends on the bottler.

Most Coke bottlers think they are hot golpher and will not let you.

Pepsi is much the same way.

Dr. Pepper Seven Up is slightly more lenient.

However, enforcement of this rule varies a lot too. Some places are strict, others really don't care.

In the end, Vitamin Water is a Coke product, and BAI is a Dr. Pepper/Snapple/7Up/whatever they call themselves product. So feel free to put those products in their respective bottlers' machines.

Edited by orsd

Body Armor is a Coke product now, at least in my area.  They pitched adding it to their machines. 

No, I don't mix coke and pepsi in their machines.  My 7 up distributor allows 20% foreign product (informally) but I don't use many of their machines as their products don't usually support stack machines anywhere near quota.  Don't have any glass fronts from them.

5 minutes ago, Southeast Treats said:

Body Armor is a Coke product now

Coke is a minority shareholder in Body Armor. No guarantee they are always the distributor 🤑

5 hours ago, tismael56 said:

I know some people lease the bottlers equipment because they can offer newer machines and the leasing is basically free. That way you could have a location without the upfront cost of buying a machine for yourself.

Free is used very loosely.

Most often there are minimum monthly orders you have to meet. In addition, bottler pricing is often higher than Sams Club or Costco for things like cans.