Silent Salesforce Inc. and Mints

MrCaspan

Hey guys and gals. Thought I might pop a question here to others that might have the same issue. I bought off Kijiji 2 SSF machines and both have the bulk candy wheel in them. I bought them because I wanted one for my desk at work to dispense scotch mints. I was using a bowl and individually wrapped life saver mints but the waste is just horrible and I need them to be hygienic (IE someone sneezes then puts hand in bowl) 

I was able to remove the requirement for a coin with a few parts removed from the coin mech and my candy wheel has the ability to change the size on it. I adjusted it so a scotch mint would sit flat in the bottom as this seems to be the only thing that is consistent with this candy. Problem is I am finding that the wheel and 2 mints are able to fit stacked on top of each other. If I try to narrow the space and hope the mints sit on their side in the space then some fatter mints wont fit in the slot and jam it up. 

Any ideas. I was thinking of cutting the top metal and bending the flaps back to make a more square hole then a triangle but don't want to cut unless its a last resort

IMG_20200205_170328.jpg

I was looking at this for the SSF  https://www.ebay.com/itm/Replace-a-candy-wheel-on-a-SSF-Silent-Sales-Force-Machine-with-a-Gumball-Wheel-/193304686532 but it still looks like the same depth and the same issue would happen. Its almost like i would need this but half the height!

This is like the worse candy to dispense haha!! I don't want candy candy at the desk but something for fresh breath so after lunch or before a meeting etc.. any other ideas of what could be put in here next to mints of this shape? I looked for round Scotch Mints but no luck..

Actually that wheel might work because it’s adjustable. You could realistically make it to The right size. 

I’d suggest keeping the wheel you have and then getting minty chicle gum. 

https://www.gumball.com/products/carousel-mint-chicle-chewing-gum-9900-count

or get that Gumball wheel and get mint Gumballs. 

The crank handle is a “baffle assembly” it’s so important to the wheel. What that does is stop the machine from jamming and causing mis-vends. It stirs up the contents making sure product is moved into the wheel. This baffle assembly is vital for vending 1 inch capsules or bouncy balls. I even use a baffle assembly for Gumballs just to eliminate the risk of misvends. 

• Like 1

Well i do have two of these machines what I was thinking of doing is taking the existing wheel and some how cutting its height in half and then creating a riser for under it so that only one mint can sit flat in it. Might try my luck with a buddy that has a 3D printer to print me a riser the proper thickness. Because they lay down really well in this wheel its just too deep. Thanks for your replies.. if anyone else has any ideas I'm open ears

That’s a lot of work for something that might not work out. Trust me I’ve been there. 
For instance look at this post of the question I asked which is very similar to yours. I went through so much work for something that didn’t work out. 

haha sounds like you had a lot of fun doing that! This would not be too hard to do to be honest.. And the only reason is that it is too deep. So this is the only solution i can see then just giving out two mints each vent which is not a big deal but it kind of sucks and will make them go faster!

Edited by MrCaspan

Sigh... The more i look at it the more difficult it will be.. Because all the gears are on the bottom and the top is just a small sliver of plastic the metal pieces screw to. I would have to remove the extra 1/2" height amount from the middle then glue it back together, Might just 3D print a new wheel! I am surprised they don't make a half height wheel with a spacer for under it

Edited by MrCaspan

The candy wheel isn’t meant to do that. The best would be that ssf adjustable wheel you posted earlier. I’ve found that Beaver, eagle, oak, ssf and other imports are all universal. A lot of people may say that beaver are not universal with oak/eagle but I have over 45 locations and can assure you that they do work. 

On 2/5/2020 at 5:06 PM, MrCaspan said:

Hey guys and gals. Thought I might pop a question here to others that might have the same issue. I bought off Kijiji 2 SSF machines and both have the bulk candy wheel in them. I bought them because I wanted one for my desk at work to dispense scotch mints. I was using a bowl and individually wrapped life saver mints but the waste is just horrible and I need them to be hygienic (IE someone sneezes then puts hand in bowl) 

I was able to remove the requirement for a coin with a few parts removed from the coin mech and my candy wheel has the ability to change the size on it. I adjusted it so a scotch mint would sit flat in the bottom as this seems to be the only thing that is consistent with this candy. Problem is I am finding that the wheel and 2 mints are able to fit stacked on top of each other. If I try to narrow the space and hope the mints sit on their side in the space then some fatter mints wont fit in the slot and jam it up. 

Any ideas. I was thinking of cutting the top metal and bending the flaps back to make a more square hole then a triangle but don't want to cut unless its a last resort

IMG_20200205_170328.jpg

I am assuming you are wanting to vend only 1 piece at a time correct? The easiest way to try to accomplish this would be to manipulate the metal insert some way (probably backing the insert off a little and bending the flap out). It will take some trial and error and still may not work right. I'll be honest.....whats wrong with it occasionally or even consistently giving out 2 pieces? Seems like alot of work for to try to save a minuscule amount of money.  Either way good luck.

• Thanks 1

Every one is 2 pieces and its not the width that's the issue its the depth sadly. the mints have to sit flat as that is the only consistent measurement so unless I can cut the height there is not much I can do except go to a gumball wheel but i fear the same issue as I cant tell from pictures how deep they are

• 2 weeks later...

Are you trying to vend 1 piece at a time?  if you are you will need a shallow brush housing and wheel to do this,  I don't know anything about those machines but if they take oak parts  you will need a wheel that use to vend 3600 ct ball gum and the brush housing to go with it. This wheel is all metal, I have these for $15.00 per set plus shipping, if you are interested email us I can get you a picture of this wheel.  It looks like the picture that you provided is a oak deep merchandise wheel, that will not work, it will only work if you vend out more candy. We carry a large supply of older wheels for oak and nw machines.  Also if any one is interested we have the inserts for the oak capsule wheels that will convert those over to vending 1080 ct ball gum, they come 3 per set.

Yeah trying to get just one piece at a time. It's for at my desk in the office. people don't mind the 2 pieces but my mints are going away too quick :)

Does anyone here know if SSF will take oak parts? If so then I can order these parts. this is a picture of the kind of machine i have

17225623_1.jpg