AMS Sensit 2 to Sensit 3 Upgrade

Chard

Ok, maybe2 not the question you expect.

I have an AMS Sensit 2 cabinet that we already upgraded to a Sensit 3 board.  But the old alpha/numeric keypad is wearing out and I'm considering buying a ESCUTCHEON KEYPAD ASSEMBLY to install in place of the old bezel and keypad.

My question is, will it work and fit properly.  I don't have two units in the shop I can test them on, so I thought I'd ask if the Sensit 2 and Sensit 3 bezel trims and keypads are interchangable.  

I assume they are, but not certain.

The newer keypad and bezel look a lot better and are much less expensive as well.  I can buy the key pad and bezel for far less that just the older AMS keypad.  So it brings me back to the question, is it easily done?

Should be easy if you can work in a tight space which is the area behind the control panel.  You will have to remove and reinstall metal plastic nuts so don't lose them when you take the old bezel off, and remove any remaining nuts on pieces that break off of the old bezel.  If you're looking at the newer bezel from newer designed machines just check with AMS tech support to confirm that the door sheet metal is the same with the same holes and cutouts.  It probably is but you won't know until you put the new one on your door.  I would bet that they only changed the plastic, not the metal door.  There would be no need to do that.

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Chard said:

You don't need to do anything for card readers on a Sensit 2.

But through the years I've had maybe 4 or 5 boards go out on different units and the Sensit 3 board is a direct replacement on the Sensit 2.

Thanks