Validator Masks

tblake05

you should already have 2 or 3 or more flashing arrows on every bill acceptor, its been used for decades. if it seems that you're not making enough money in a location, maybe the location is not as good as you thought or someone is opening your machines

Reason I ask is because I've got a worthless seaga machine with a worthless vti validator in it that keeps having problems.  The machine sometimes disables the validator if it senses there isn't enough change.  Even though the tubes are full.  The VTI validator has a flashing bezel which if its not flashing I know the machine needs to be reset for it to accept bills again.  I want to swap the validator with an MEI but I want to be able to tell whoever fills it if its not flashing to reset it.

I have some MEI's that I don't remember them having the flashing lights.  Maybe they do and I'm blind.  I know coinco's do, but I'd rather use an MEI.

Do you maybe have a link to an MEI with a bottler mask?  That would be a perfect solution.

Thanks for all the help guys, just trying to fine tune a few things to make more money available for upgrading in the future.

PS, does anyone think this machine would be a good one to add a CC reader?  Weekly gross it about 90 bucks and at roughly 50% GPM on each item thats about 45-50.00 Net a week.

I'd like to upgrade the machine, but there's two others I need to upgrade first so this one will have to wait a little while.

I would wait until I was ready to replace the machine rather than spend money to upgrade a unit on the replacement list...

Having said that, if you wanted to add a card reader with an MEI 4 in 1 bezel, those have attract LED lighting on the card swipe that really stands out, and it can be reused on other machines later

13 hours ago, tblake05 said:

Too bad it's a seaga. Which is why I've been reluctant to spend much money on it.

Credit card readers are not unique to the machine. When the Seaga breaks and you scrap it you can easily remove the reader and move it to another machine. Think of it this way, you are investing in your location, not the machine. Conversely, if it needed say a refrigeration deck then it wouldn't be worth it, as it would stay with the machine.

Same with a new validator. Assuming the machine is MDB then throw a good MARS in it right now. The current POS is costing you sales, and again, you can pull the validator out when you junk the machine.

Also, my threshold for a CC reader is 250/mo.

Edited by orsd

Good info, thanks guys.  Funny you mention Mars with a 4/1 bezel.  As I was considering that even before making this post.  I think I'll gather parts to upgrade it and when the machine fails I'll use the CC reader and Mars on a new machine.