New AMS Steeley Soda Machine

Gretsching

Hey guys, I've been talking to Betson a little bit about the new AMS Steeley soda/ beverage machine. It's fairly new so I can't find a whole lot of information on it, as far as reliability goes. Anyone have any experience with one of these? I have several AMS snacks and combos on the road currently and I'm pretty happy with them. The Steely looks pretty nice cosmetically. Was hoping I could vend 16.9 oz bottles out of it. 

20 hours ago, orsd said:

Honestly it's really too new for anyone to really know anything about it.

I have not seen any in the wild so far.

Personally, I would stay away for now. Parts and knowledgeable techs are probably going to be harder to find. And its probably going to stay that way until a bottler starts buying them or they start aggressively financing and marketing like USI does. And even then the market for new stackers is shrinking.

And quite honestly, unless the account demands new there is no real point in buying new stack machines. A refurb DN 501E or Vendo 721 is just as good, and the money is better spent on new glassfronts for those picky accounts anyways. Put it this way, Coke, Pepsi, and 7up are all aggressively rebuilding machines. 80% of the time I see a Coke or Pepsi machine with new graphics it is a refurb.

I know that my local 7up bottler told me they held onto their 501E's because they were reliable (compared to glassfronts) and the techs knew how to fix anything.  I think that same logic applies to a lot of us regarding stack vendors such as a 501E compared to a bevmax, at least as far as knowledge on how to fix them goes...

1 hour ago, AngryChris said:

I know that my local 7up bottler told me they held onto their 501E's because they were reliable (compared to glassfronts) and the techs knew how to fix anything.  I think that same logic applies to a lot of us regarding stack vendors such as a 501E compared to a bevmax, at least as far as knowledge on how to fix them goes...

There really isn’t anything short of damaged sheet metal on a 501E that can’t be fixed for less than 3-400 and a couple hours.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Apple Leisure said:

Just curious, what kind of repair on a 501E might take a couple of hours?

Complete replacement of all rotors, or complete replacement of all wiring.

Other than that not much really. Unless your doing it in your garage on a Saturday and are a few beers in. 😁

Edited by orsd

A lot of small time vendors get rid of 501e's for cheap because they are "old, big, and bulky" and pay top dollar for seaga combos instead.  They think we are stuck in the past because we won't switch to combos lol.  Even when you explain it all to them, they just ignore you.