Dixie Narco 501e freezing Soda Cans

VendingNewBe

Good evening. I only own a single Dixie Narco 501e machine and I am a novice with it.  The other day I came into my location and nearly all of my soda cans were frozen.  When I opened the machine at least the first 3 rows of each selection was frozen solid.  The machine was on and did not turn off.  When I unplugged the machine and turned it back on the machine condensor started again.   I am guessing but I suspect the thermostat is shot.   Has anyone had this problem before?  If my guess is correct anyone know where I can get a new thermostat?

Thanks for your advice and help.

Good afternoon. I am back on this same machine. So, if I turn the thermostat off the fan stops and I can hear the compressor turning off but something is still running in the background. I am not sure what that is.   I turned the machine on to the lowest setting and left it.  Could it be something else?

THanks.

The evaporator fan in the cabinet will always be running.  Your thermostat still must be replaced though because it will stick again and either not turn off or not turn on.  You can't cheat death or a bad thermostat.

• Like 1