Coronavirus impact

putrevus

In Ohio all nursing homes are on lock down, Only medically necessary people may enter the facilities. Our correctional facilities are also  locked down. We will not be able to service collect machines for 3  weeks minimum.This will be a very difficult time for many vendors

So far, the blue collar manufacturing is still going OK.  None of my locations have taken any drastic action as of yet, but I expect to see some drop off on the white collar side in the coming weeks.  Anyone added travel size hand sanitizer to your machines?  I priced some out at Vistar, cost was about 1.67 per 1oz bottle.... probably by the time we get it stocked the demand will be over...

4 hours ago, Chard said:

nursing homes are becoming very difficult to gain access to.   interviews at each location,  etc.

I also expect we won't have access for at least a month

Yes, just experienced this yesterday also.  Awesome.  Well, it is what it is I guess.

70% of my machines are in schools, which have all closed down until 4/13.  Rest of machines are in YMCAs, which are still open but have cancelled all youth programming and sports leagues, which will definitely decrease sales.  

I'm a small operator and have no schools to deal with.  I do have some hotels but some of those have a lot of long term guests, i.e. residents.  The others are at the end of the slow season anyway.  The rest of mine are either in apartment buildings or blue collar businesses so I don't expect much of an impact.  I feel for those who have a lot in impacted locations.  Must be a nightmare.

In Oregon, I still have access to one nursing home, shut out of the other. But for a very strange reason. One floor of this nursing home is in lockdown do to some residents with flu symptoms but no positive test yet. However, the residents and staff from the locked down floor won't stop coming downstairs to use the vending machines, so I had to turn them off to remove the temptation.

I'm bringing a bottle of hand santizer with me, visible to everyone. At each location I sanitize before loading each machines, then after collecting money as well.

4 hours ago, orsd said:

Did you retire from vending?

All my places was shut down due to the slowdown in the oil-patch! All I do now is sell machines to a few vendors locally, keeps me busy! But that will drop to zero also!

No problem I will sit on front deck, drink cold beer with SKS next to me shooting the squirrels out the oak tree! Or a Nutria or two!

Schools closing is going to hit us hard. Hospitals testing everyone is slowing down our efficiencies, but hopefully sales from machines inside protected areas will make up some of the loss. Now if we can get our own HR manager out of our way we might get through this.

The heart of my business is full of blue collar locations.  On one hand, I won't know the impact for a couple weeks or so.  On the other hand, I don't think it will hot me too bad because I don't have all of my eggs in one basket.  My gut feeling is that I'll get through this hyped-up drama better than a lot of others.  I'm financially pretty safe.  I'm more worried about the long term economic impact than anything.  

3 hours ago, Snickers said:

This whole thing could last for awhile and products will expire. Keep that in mind when ordering products with shorter shelf life.

I'm cutting back on pastries