Coronavirus impact

putrevus

I have 80% in schools, spring break our sales drop $60,000 in 2 weeks. They just extended 2 weeks off so thats $120,000 lost in revenue. 

I dont know what to offer my employees as theres no work. Are you guys still paying your employees their normal wages or are you guys suspending them temporarily?

Does anyone know how we are supposed to get some relief in our business?

5 minutes ago, TKK said:

I have 80% in schools, spring break our sales drop $60,000 in 2 weeks. They just extended 2 weeks off so thats $120,000 lost in revenue. 

I dont know what to offer my employees as theres no work. Are you guys still paying your employees their normal wages or are you guys suspending them temporarily?

Does anyone know how we are supposed to get some relief in our business?

I know the US Small Business Administration is giving low interest loans but I haven't read all the stipulations. Here is a link.

https://www.sba.gov/disaster-assistance/coronavirus-covid-19

Not sure if unemployment benefits can be used but it is another possible avenue. I only have one full time employee and I am paying him during this situation. I am prepared to do that for up to 3 months but after that I will need to make some tough decisions.

5 hours ago, TKK said:

I believe that some of the small businesses are "laying off" employees so that they can receive unemployment during this time.  I know in Michigan, this will not be counted against the employer (counted toward a business's mod number for unemployment tax), so for small businesses that are shutting down for the virus, they are able to do this for their employees.

Once you catch up on side work there is not much to do.  The small bit of good news for the school accounts is they will probably extend the school year in most places to make up some of the lost days.... but that does not help now. 

Yeah thats what im thinking they should be extending the school days hopefully. I will cover them a whole month but after that i think they should see if the govt helps them. 

I am virtually out of business. (In toronto, canada) 98% of all stops are not open/can't get in. 75% of all due billable invoices are unpaid and nobody at customers locations to cut my cheque.

Devastated to say the least.

We are skipping Vistar order altogether this week for the 1st time ever. Places are closing up around here. Question is are they closing for 2-3 weeks and then coming back? I don’t think things going to be too much better for several months. 

We got word this week of a number of clients closing indefinitely.  They will reevaluate in a month.  I expect many more to follow.  Not sure if we're even going to attempt hospitals and nursing facilities this week.

All of our hospital accounts are good with what we are doing. Nursing homes are all different. Some have barred us from entry, others have asked us to move the equipment near service entrances. Grocery retail is up, all other retail is down. All schools, state, local, and private are closed, and most aren't letting us enter to remove dated product. Our work week will be cut to 4 days to conserve fuel and reduce contact. 

There's a lesson here for all of us. Don't let a single account be more than 10% of your total business. Don't let a single segment be more than 30% of your total business. I have a friend that is 95% high school and lower. He is screwed for sure. 

• Like 1

I have 2 nursing homes both will not let me service my machines I tried to go Thur the back door at one of the nursing homes a very mean lady caught me and chewed me out all the way out the door. I have one truck line and a tire distribution center blocked me from coming in  overall sales are slowing down. The good part is gas prices are less 2 dollars   a gallon and the weather is turning warm this is when my business really gets going but the biggest thing is I like having a little more time home with my wife but if I have to watch one more crime show I am going to start back drinking and I don’t mean RC colas. 

• Haha 1

Two of my biggest accounts were still open as of last week but things change daily.  We are going to make our regular routes this week and see what we find, cutting back warehouse inventory as much as I dare and trying to hold onto cash.  I feel like we went from rational reaction to over the top pretty fast, and I think we will see things start to reverse in a week or two...

I have a senior apartments complex still does very good. I gave them some advice that I thinks helps everywhere. I told there guard to get a infra-red no touch thermometer. Scan visitors, if they have a high temp or fever, they dont come in. When they come in they immediately go to a hand wash station. They have a kitchenette next to the lobby so no problem. Also 2 5 gallon buckets, a threaded spigot, 2 milk crates a roll of paper towels and you got a wash station for like $20 to $30.

I have three apartment complexes like that.  They closed the rooms off where my vending is at. I have three other locations that are closed due to this rule of noth gathering in groups of 10 or more. This is too much too fast.  I will have to consider bankruptcy options.

Our governor issued shelter in place orders effective 5PM today. Our pick line only ran 42% of normal capacity today. Luckily, our hospital, refinery, and petro-chem business is still functioning well. 

On Friday, based on telemetry data, I estimated I'm down 23%.  Now that a stay-at-home order has been put into place, I'm guessing I'll be down closer to 35%.  I have so many small ($50-$100/week) accounts out there that are intertwined with essential businesses that I think I'll make it okay over the next 2 weeks.  As long as the country doesn't somehow go into a civil war, I'll probably recover quite well by May at the latest if I had to guess.  I'm happy with how I seem to be compared to what I'm hearing from everyone else.

• Like 1

I am down 90%. Its been like this for 3 weeks. Losing about 25k a week in sales. Had to temp lay off employees. Im gonna catch up with accounting and finish watching contagion lol.

Anyone know about the small business loans? I was gonna apply but it asks how much you have lost. And i dont wanna ask for a loan if this keeps getting worse. I havent ordered or paid vistar either.

I'm getting concerned about spoilage and the expense of restocking. 

it seems like this new environment will last for quite some time so when we're finally allowed back in all the product will be out of date and need to be disposed of. 

It's going to take several weeks to catch up.

On 3/22/2020 at 8:14 PM, Southeast Treats said:

Two of my biggest accounts were still open as of last week but things change daily.  We are going to make our regular routes this week and see what we find, cutting back warehouse inventory as much as I dare and trying to hold onto cash.  I feel like we went from rational reaction to over the top pretty fast, and I think we will see things start to reverse in a week or two...

Are we hurting ourselves (health wise) by servicing these accounts which are open , this is not going away anytime soon.Unless people are forced to stay away from everything this is not going to stop.

The worst is yet to come.