Coronavirus impact

putrevus

Governor Goofy 2.0 (successor to goofy 1.0) just extended MN "Peace time" two more weeks.  As if we haven't lost enough money.  Swear they wont stop until we're all bankrupt and reliant on the government.  Lucky I still have my full time job... At least for now.  Though I have heard that some people they have laid off, are making more money off assistance than they made at work.....  What's the motivation to return?  I just don't get it.  The great U.S.A is in some serious trouble if things don't change soon.

Too many people fail to see the gravity of this virus and how dangerous it is.  We cannot expect to beat this thing by cancelling our stay at home orders.  It is too soon.  While I speak from a position of still having two household incomes the major failure of Federal and State governments is to make sure the people who lost jobs due to the virus are compensated for this Act of God.  We are all in the same boat to some degree.  Whether such compensation is more or less than their previous salary is beside the point.  We cannot expect people to recover from this and still owe months of rent or mortgage pmts.  That along with losses of retirement funds will create another generation destroyed by financial failure.  Letting society go back to work is not the answer because people are selfish and stupid and won't stay away from others or wear masks when around others.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AngryChris said:

The best solution in my opinion is to let at-risk people stay home while healthy people work.

We fail to see it because there really aren't THAT many people dead when you compare it to the seasonal flu.  I think the CDC and WHO need to start displaying which covid19 related deaths also involved ventilators.  It is known AND reported that people on ventilators are overwhelmingly more likely to die than those that aren't.  It's also known AND reported that the government pays hospitals way more money when they use ventilators.  You really have to question that and question why Cuomo wanted so many of them if it's known that people die when put on them.  It's also interesting to note that Bill Gates is a huge donor for WHO and is also a supporter of depopulation.

I know people, including myself, are beside themselves when it comes to this mess but until there are concrete facts that show this thing is not overtly dangerous, the lock down is prudent. Like AZVendor said above “people are selfish and stupid and won't stay away from others or wear masks when around others”. He’s right and I would like some more info on this thing before I’m stuck in a foyer with a modern-day Typhoid Mary coughing on me. I want to get back to business ASAP but not at the risk of becoming a carrier who unknowingly gives it to someone else (who may die because I passed it to them) or getting sick myself.

Based on CDC numbers, the flu has killed between 24,000 – 62,000 people in the US since October 1st, 2019. Covid19 has apparently been in the US since January 2020 and has already killed 63,538 people as of today. I know people question the death toll and you could do the same for the flu so it’s the best we got. It can be transmitted from asymptomatic individuals and by all accounts is far more contagious than the average flu bug. Concrete information on testing accuracy, post infection immunity, interdicting drug therapies or vaccines is still unknown. Another problem that we face with Covid19 is that we don’t know what the full scope of its impact on people’s long term health truly is and we won’t for several years. In the short term this lock down, as painful as it is for everyone, has undoubtedly slowed the spread of this thing in the US and prevented hospitals from being overrun all over the country. If you look at examples from Italy, Spain and most of Europe we have fared much better than they have when it comes to the percentage of deaths so far and I think it is fair to say the lock down has helped in that category. Bottom line....It is apparent that this virus can be very dangerous and I would sure like some more consistent and credible info on this thing before interacting with hundreds of strangers a day. The reality is we will all be hitting the road again probably before June 1st and we will still have alot of the same questions but I do think every week that there are reduced numbers of people in public the more manageable this thing will be in the long run.

The ventilator issue has gotten a lot of press but when you read about the challenges surrounding these machines most of the people they are used on are already in critical condition and most would surely die without them anyhow. Again, time and data will help determine how they should be used to combat this virus down the road. As far as the conspiracy theories about making money off this tragedy or Bill Gates I would hope that isn’t true but I have no proof either way. I will say that the media has made a bad situation worse with inflammatory and misleading headlines and stories. Unfortunately, I don’t see that changing anytime soon.

This situation is indeed horrible for our country as well as the entire world but it’ll pass like so many tragedies and hardships before. Pandemics, world wars, recessions, depressions, terrorist attacks, etc.…. etc.…etc.… every generation faces challenges and apparently this one is ours. Hopefully it will pass before we’re all bankrupt and out of business. Sorry for the manifesto length of this comment. Good luck to all and stay safe.

35 minutes ago, fhamann said:

Just wondering.  Do any of you know personally someone who has died of the coronavirus?  I have not, nor anyone I have asked this question.

Yes my cousin died from it on March 30th. He was 65 years old, still working full time, had high blood pressure but took medication for it and slightly overweight but not obese. Considered normal and healthy for his age. Diagnosed on a Tuesday and was dead by the following Monday. What's your point in asking?