Need help with DN501e vend issue

wags

hello, first time posting.  I hope someone can help me with this.  the bill acceptor will take the bill but spits it out when you press a selection and then the screen reads use correct change.  When I insert coins, a water selection vends properly but if I push a can selection, the money is returned to me and no vend.  I would like to avoid a repairman but not sure where to start.   

Sounds like you are low on change.  You need to have plenty of change in the coin mech to avoid the "use correct change" message.  Have at least 13 of each coins (dimes, nickels, and quarters).

If that doesn't work, it could be that your coin mech has a faulty sensor, particularly in the nickel tube, but it sounds more like you didn't put much change in the coin mech and you're testing it.

Is the water set at a different price than the cans?

On 3/18/2020 at 11:38 PM, AngryChris said:

I'm guessing cans are 75 cents and water is $1?  Does the machine return the money on cans even when exact change issed?

Try restarting the machine and see what happens.

the cans are 85 cents ant the water is 75cents.  with exact change the water did vend.  when I put 4 quarters in and tried the cans, the money was refunded.  I did not try exact change on the cans.  I did restart the machine but no change.  I haven't been able to get back in to look at the machine  because of the virus issue.

39 minutes ago, wags said:

the cans are 85 cents ant the water is 75cents.  with exact change the water did vend.  when I put 4 quarters in and tried the cans, the money was refunded.  I did not try exact change on the cans.  I did restart the machine but no change.  I haven't been able to get back in to look at the machine  because of the virus issue.

When you originally mentioned the use correct change message and said you used coins to buy something, I had assumed you already tried exact change but now you are saying you didn't even try that.  Chances are pretty good that you could buy cans if you put exactly 85 cents in there.  Chances are also pretty good that the problem is your coin mechanism is at fault.  Since restarting the machine didn't work, that means the sensor on the mech isn't registering coins (probably nickels) so the simple solution is to get another coin mechanism.  You'll either have a 110v coin mech or a 24v MDB coin mech and you'll have to match it to that depending on which one it is.  Alternatively, you can try doing a tube fill but if your sensor is bad in the coin mech then it will probably eventually do the same thing if not immediately.

• 2 weeks later...

thanks for the info, I will have to check and see which coin mech I have.  I am located in Michigan and businesses are closed because of the virus.  I don't know when I will be able to get access to the machine.

• 1 month later...

I am happy to report that I was able to fix this, because of the troubleshooting help received from Angry Chris.  this has a MEI model CF 7000 coin mechanism.  the nickel tube was stuck because of a sticky nickel.  thanks for the help

• Like 1