Is Coronavirus stopping you all?

bingeday

I have charity honor boxes in 2 states, spanning a distance of over 2,000 miles that I service every 6-7 weeks. The last time I serviced them was before all this hit. I’m not too concerned about getting out and running my route and contracting this virus because I’ve had a number of doctors tell me that unless you are very old and have health problems, you stand very little risk from this. I figure I have a far greater chance of getting killed or seriously injured in a car accident.

What I am concerned about are many of the stores being closed or to be getting kick outs left and right. As well as practically no sales taking place, due to lack of customers, or even a much higher theft rate. I also don’t want to be a big factor in spreading the virus and making many more people sick. But I guess that would be a question for medical professionals. I’m scheduled to get back on the road at the end of this month.

Anyway, my question to any of you in this business is what experiences with regards to my concerns are you all having? 

I'm in Washington state and Idaho.  All of my washington state restaurants are closed, and my best Idaho locations are closed/limited hours/super slow.  Basically what I'm trying to say is my vending business is taking a HUGE HIT!!!

What's worse is my other business (rental properties) is in washington state too....that's going to take a BIG HIT too :(  Once this is all over I'm going to have to gogoogogoggogo on locating to try and recover.  This is not going to be pretty for my pocket book.

Thank you for your feedback Rika, much appreciated. The thing about all of this is that everyone is in that same boat too. My living expenses aren’t all that much and as long as I’m doing something, I’m doing ok. Bare in mind also that all this is happening all over the world right now so it has to start causing deflation and making a whole lot of things a whole lot less expensive. I think you can now buy a plane ticket from the gate to fly across the country for less than $50!!!

The powers that be are gonna have to open everything back up pretty soon, otherwise they’re gonna have to start cutting us all paychecks. And to make it clear, I DO NOT want a paycheck, I just want to work and run my own business. 

Also as hard as this may sound, I think it’s pretty obvious that we’re all in this country gonna have to grin and bare it, regardless of whatever Coronavirus is doing. Otherwise the economy is just gonna meltdown like the Fukishima nuclear reactor plant which killed far more people after the tsunami. What the hell other choice do we have?

Edited by bingeday

To make matters worse for me financially, since I've posted all of Idaho's non essential places have shut down. 

The good news is, my family is healthy, we're together, so I have the truly important stuff.  But from a financial standpoint, if we continue to be shut down for months longer, I'm going to be HURT!