hey all, 

I picked up a Pepsi DN501e for free. Just cleaned it up and plugged her in. The display is showing "1-772 HD" and I can't seem to get past in when I hold the home button down.

tips, thoughts, suggestions?

thanks 

**update*** 

without me doing anything, the machine is now displaying ".75" which I assume is the last price the previous owner set.

the machine will not accept cash and it just spits the quarters right out.

For the machine to accept, there has to be at least one column stocked above the level of the sold out paddles (or hold down a paddle, if you have 3 hands...).  It should accept coins for exact change at that point but it would need to read sufficient change in the changer (about 20 nickles minimum) to accept dollars. 

4 hours ago, Southeast Treats said:

For the machine to accept, there has to be at least one column stocked above the level of the sold out paddles (or hold down a paddle, if you have 3 hands...).  It should accept coins for exact change at that point but it would need to read sufficient change in the changer (about 20 nickles minimum) to accept dollars. 

I appreciate the advice.  I have filled up all 3 columns and did some cleaning and dust removal which seemed to help it run smoothly.  Still no luck on the bill acceptor (not even a flashing light).  Now im beginning the task of trying to program the machine.  I can navigate through my royal machine pretty easily as far as setting prices, but this DN501e is a pain.  I know its a series of hitting the 1+2 buttons but im struggling.  Next stop YouTube.

Read manuals or instructions on your inner door much?

Was that really 1-772 HD in your first post or maybe 1-SS2 HD?  SS is a selection switch error.  HD is historical data.  I doubt you saw them all together at once.  HD is where the programming starts when you first enter the service mode if no errors are shown.  Perhaps you had a SS error on switch 1 which then changed to the beginning of the service mode.  A static price means that all columns are programmed to that price.  If you change just one selection to a different price the display will show .00.  Your validator probably needs to be rebuilt.

4 minutes ago, AZVendor said:

Read manuals or instructions on your inner door much?

Was that really 1-772 HD in your first post or maybe 1-SS2 HD?  SS is a selection switch error.  HD is historical data.  I doubt you saw them all together at once.  HD is where the programming starts when you first enter the service mode if no errors are shown.  Perhaps you had a SS error on switch 1 which then changed to the beginning of the service mode.  A static price means that all columns are programmed to that price.  If you change just one selection to a different price the display will show .00.  Your validator probably needs to be rebuilt.

thanks you. the instructions on the inner door have been removed.