USAT will suspend units in closed locations

This will only help those that have units in locations that will be closed for more than a month. I submitted 450 units. This is only for the monthly usage portion of the fees, not rental fees if you have rentals. Here is the CNP from the email I received:

Dear Valued Customer,

We hope that you and your families are, and continue to be, safe and healthy during this difficult time. As you are well aware, our industry is experiencing an unprecedented disruption – the past few weeks have been unchartered territory for all of us. During this time of instability, we are ready to work together and help support you, while many of your locations are inaccessible or closed due to ongoing COVID-19 crisis.

As such, we are offering the following options to help ease some of the current financial burdens.

For USAT ePort Customers:

Customers may request temporary suspension of e-port service fees for devices that are currently in a location that renders them unreachable, and therefore idle or unused, due to the crisis. In order to do so, you must send an email and officially make the request, listing the devices you wish to put in suspended mode. Please send the email to crisisrelief@usatech.com, and our dedicated customer support team will assist you. Please note, USAT will confirm device inactivity for each suspension request. Once verified, the suspension of monthly fees will take effect in the month following the device’s last transaction.

• 2 weeks later...

We did this on several of ours.
Bad thing is we’re seeing a swipe every once in awhile. The buildings are not completely empty but might as well be. 
One swipe a month and you get hit with the monthly fee. We can’t get in to empty them either. 

On 4/18/2020 at 1:15 PM, Snickers said:

One swipe a month and you get hit with the monthly fee. We can’t get in to empty them either. 

That is my problem as well.  The list of units that MIGHT be inactive for a whole month is so short it would not really make a difference to me.  All that product just sitting is going to be my biggest cash loss (as it will for most I suspect) but even if I could retrieve it, I don't think I could place many of the snacks to sell anyway.  Snacks are down more than drink sales.

The bright spot is we still get the cashless deposits without physically collecting them, and that is at least helping my cash flow a little bit.

• 1 month later...

Those of you that signed up for this, are you still getting billed service fees?  We are and when I call last month to question it, they said we would be credited back.  Just curious if you all have heard the same thing or the person I spoke with had no idea what they were talking about....